Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
I'm surprised at that, it's the busiest I've seen PB for a long time. PDC was very busy when we were through too. I put it down to people being scared off from visiting the likes of Tunisia and other high risk areas.

On another note I've discovered that Las Brisas, where we stayed, have put up their prices for next year by over 30% and no deposit, ie pay the lot up front and no refund. Or pay a 300e premium to be able to cancel.

Shame, because it's a cracking place.
I've not stayed at Las Brisas for years now. We stay behind Las Brisas on Los Calamares.

Why don't you book privately through an owner as opposed to direct? We always used to.
Sunaddict wrote:
I've not stayed at Las Brisas for years now. We stay behind Las Brisas on Los Calamares.

Why don't you book privately through an owner as opposed to direct? We always used to.

I have done before but they nearly all insist on Thursday flights where as Wimpen are more flexible. Might have to next year though.
I was wobbling between PDC and PB for our pre-Xmas break but have finally plumped for PB - we'll be staying at the H10 Timanfaya Palace.
Managed to find a private villa for next year at Las Brisas, Wimpen's prices were a joke.
Hi Robert , that's good , it's nice when you can get a villa in the location you want , especially when you know it suits your needs .
There are so many good SC and villa options available in PB , with a varied choice of locations . Am I right in thinking that Las Brisas is situated on the road that the bus station is on that goes towards the harbour ? I'm sure I've seen a name sign with Las Brisas on while driving round the town , obviously concentrating on the road while driving !!
andy66 wrote:
Hi Robert , that's good , it's nice when you can get a villa in the location you want , especially when you know it suits your needs .
There are so many good SC and villa options available in PB , with a varied choice of locations . Am I right in thinking that Las Brisas is situated on the road that the bus station is on that goes towards the harbour ? I'm sure I've seen a name sign with Las Brisas on while driving round the town , obviously concentrating on the road while driving !!

Yes, it's next to the bus station. It was built by Wimpey about 30 years ago, the timeshare touts that used to annoy everyone in PDC at the time were selling Las Brisas and Las Casitas, which is next door. It's in a fantastic location. I worked for Wimpey at the time and was on holiday trying to get away from them. :)
Hi , pleased to know my orientation is getting better !! It is close to the seafront then and in a very central location , and looks very nice from the outside with the bougainvillea .

I've got my June accommodation sorted , but will worry about the September one in the new year , we always have stayed in Faro Park other than a couple of times at La Goleta , I've often wondered about staying at a hotel there ( PB ) as they look very good , but like the freedom of a villa and eating out around the resort , and the privacy makes a change from our other holidays .
andy66 wrote:
Hi , pleased to know my orientation is getting better !! It is close to the seafront then and in a very central location , and looks very nice from the outside with the bougainvillea .

I've got my June accommodation sorted , but will worry about the September one in the new year , we always have stayed in Faro Park other than a couple of times at La Goleta , I've often wondered about staying at a hotel there ( PB ) as they look very good , but like the freedom of a villa and eating out around the resort , and the privacy makes a change from our other holidays .

Las Brisas isn't actually a hotel, it's a complex of villas with a shared pool. There are some cracking villas in Faro Park but it's a bit far out for us, we like being in town so Las Brisas suits us.
Hi , I realised that Las Brisas isn't a hotel , I meant staying in a hotel in general in PB , a lot of them look nice but I think the resort has so much to offer to villa and SC holiday makers .
I agree that Faro Park is a bit far out , it's not known as Far out Park for nothing :D but we always have a car and its only 10 mins to the other end at the Marina , plus some really nice restaurants are in Faro Park now after a few years of nothing ! But if you like an evening walk along the seafront and stopping off at bars or ice cream etc then the " old town " near where you stay is ideal . That's the appeal of PB , there is plenty of contrast to suit your mood , my sister really liked it there this year and she thought it was much nicer than Correlejo which she thought it might be like .
I've stayed at a couple of hotels in PB, the Rubimar which wasn't up to much but was cheap and the Sandos Papaygo which was excellent but expensive. I prefer Las Brisas to either. :)
andy66 wrote:

Andy if you want a villa closer to town try Los Calamares, which is behind Las Brisas. They are what I call proper villas as opposed to semi detached bungalows, and there are some very nice ones on there. Mostly detached 3 bed or more, but a couple of 2 beds and some 3/4 bed semis. I think all the rentals have private pools. There is a communal pool which is gated off and locked for residents only. We love it because there's a good mix of nationalities and it is mostly residential. It was built as a residential 'estate' back in the 80s so the villas benefit from being built on good sized plots and aren't too close to each other. It's one road in with cul de sacs off. The villa we stay in is front line behind Las Brisas and we have a Spanish couple on one one side, and a single Italian lady on the other (rambling around in a large house which has just come up for sale :think ). Loads of outside space, gardens and peace and quiet. Heaven, but I just hope it stays that way when they start the harbour development early next year.

We had several hotel holidays in PB when our son was early teens (he's 29 now so a long time ago) but you wouldn't get me in any hotel there now. These days I much prefer the freedom, privacy, private pool, gardens, and the peace and quiet of a detached villa.
Thanks , I will have a look at that area , we pretty much like a large and private space , and even traditional compared to ultra modern ! I don't think we would ever decide to staying in a hotel there after weighing up all the things we like about a private villa , but like you say , you hope things stay the way they are !
I'm even happy driving around PB as its so easy , with having my sister tag along with us now we are re visiting places around PB and realising again why we like it so much , so very pleased to be going there twice next year .
andy66 wrote:
Thanks , I will have a look at that area , we pretty much like a large and private space , and even traditional compared to ultra modern ! I don't think we would ever decide to staying in a hotel there after weighing up all the things we like about a private villa , but like you say , you hope things stay the way they are !
I'm even happy driving around PB as its so easy , with having my sister tag along with us now we are re visiting places around PB and realising again why we like it so much , so very pleased to be going there twice next year .

The one we've been staying in for the last few years for our main holiday is more traditional than modern. We love it. We've booked it again for 3 weeks next September. Now I'm in the process of looking for something for mid/end April but having stayed on Los Calamares we've been spoiled for location. It's great to be able to walk to the shop in a few minutes or down to the front in a few more. My OH is tee total so driving isn't a problem at any time, but we like to walk when in PB. We do spend more time out of resort than in it though to be fair. We like to go out for most of the day and then spend late afternoon and evening in PB. Sometimes we don't venture out in the evenings anymore. Why have a lovely comfortable outdoor space and not use it?
Definately Playa Blanca for sure. Nicer beaches and a very relaxing town.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.