Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
You are right because when I checked and thomsons themselves checked there was one seat left in premium, right at the back. The whole flight is full ! Apart from that seat, in premium and economy was full. I agree with what someone suggested earlier, I am going for two weeks and coming back to Birmingham even now with a week to go, there are loads of seats not taken. I booked mine together straight away. So it would appear many are either going for a weeks holiday to Mexico, or longer than 2 weeks. Otherwise those return seats would have gone straight away. In premium at least because we have all paid in the region of £500 would of expected to have purchased my seats together at the time of booking, it was a year ago. That way it seems more fair, on a first come first served. I will just have to pass the bottle of champers across the aisle as one suggested :-D
The champagne bottle can take on the guise of a knight on a chess board and move one space forward and two across !! It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody stupid !! :duh
Hope your suite upgrade at the hotel works out better ! Congratulations on 30 years , and have a great holiday :sun2
  • Edited by andy66 2016-04-21 17:34:28
I think you are definitely onto something there SMa although pretty sure it would never happen, if BEFORE you paid the extra to select your seat, you could see the seats left, it would be your choice if you paid the extra or not. I do travel alone like SMa, although a lot of the time I choose my seat, mainly because I want to sit with extra room
We are off to Pacific coast withThomsons next week, as I do every year I was on the PC at midnight 90 days before our return flight, even though we had Premium seats and were fully paid up and could choose, website started asking for CC details
On an off chance I FB messaged Thomsons at 12.15 am and unbelievably (for that time of night) got an answer straight away and got it sorted within minutes full marks to them that time
Well we are back, well a couple of weeks actually. Flying premium club was exceptional to Mexico, so much so, we are going back next year and taking my Mum and Stepdad, also booked PC. We did ask at checking but couldn't help, asked as we boarded and the cabin crew understood and also did not think it's fair not being together, even though we booked as soon as the holiday became available. Luckily we were fine as on my row a lady switched sides, so I sat in front of my husband. Now I have been on the Dreamliner I feel a bit daft as there are only 49 seats in PC and huge they are. Excellent service and a great flight. Had a great holiday and felt refreshed
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.