Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Where are you going? Gouves TOWN is on the mountain side of the main road and Gouves the resort is on the other side.... quite a few minutes walk from the main road to the sea ... if you are driving, be aware that the road has poor traction so don't skid and make sure you find the turning off the main Heraklion/Agios Nicolaos road to Gouves!!

The town is quite traditional and not touristy with some nice restaurants and very low key. The resort bit has a long road with shops and restaurants ending up next to the Aphrodite Beach Hotel and the sea. It was very pleasant with plenty of bars, a British restaurant and sports screens.

There are buses on the main road to Agios Nicolaos and Heraklion but getting a seat is quiter rare as they fill up close to their starting points!! There is car hire in Gouves, and you can visit nearly all the island from here if you're prepared to drive a full day.

Hope you enjoy it ... I'd love to return back there.
I am staying at the kaissa beach apartments, so you got any ideas roughly of where it is in reguarding the town or the resort?? We've been told it's about a 15 minute walk from the beach.

We wanted something traditional and not too touristy,although since we've booked i've noticed it's not that far from Malia :que Does this make a difference?

Is the beach nice as well?

I will sure enjoy it. Been to Skiathos, Rhodes and Kos in Greece, and each of them has been very different :)
Thank you! :D
http://www.alpharooms.com/fr/kaissa_beach_apartments_in_gouves.aspx

suggests its only 10 metres from the beach ... but a short walk to the centre of Gouves. Have you looked at Trip Advisor or Holiday Watchdog as the apartments feature here too ....

Do let us know how you found them!
Hi just wondering if there are any cash machines in Gouves please?
Thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.