Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I'd be peed off as well :( ( welcome to the forums btw :tup )

Have they rang yet? If not give them another call as you need this sorting ASAP.

When your initial flight was cancelled Monarch would have offered you an alternative date/ departure airport or a full refund of your flight. You are much better booking your flights yourself than using a 3rd party.
Hi,

We are very sorry to hear the service you’ve received has not been up to scratch. Flights do from time to time get cancelled or changed by the airlines and we try our best to react accordingly to ensure your holiday’s disruption is kept to a minimum. Please can we have your HAY ref and lead passenger’s name on your booking and a member of Customer Services will contact you ASAP to sort this issue. We do again apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you and hope we can come to a speedy solution so you can continue on to enjoy your holiday in a few days’ time.

Kind Regards,
The loveholidays.com team
This has finally been sorted with us taking Flights from Manchester which is almost 3 hours from our house. I must say the love holidays customer service team have not been brilliant, we have been passed from pillar to post with nobody wanting to help until it was finally sorted. I just hope the rest of our holiday runs smoothly.
Good to hear that you have at least managed to find a solution and you will get your full holiday :tup
it looks like the shop has made a genuine mistake.
if they are not permitted by Disney to sell DDP without park tickets then as i see it you have 2 choices
ask them to remove the DDP, which they should not have added or
pay for some park tickets
not every mistake means you should get compensation.
as you have been to Disney before and must have done a lot of research to plan this trip did you not notice/know that there was this requirement to purchase park tickets to get the DDP
Have you been to Disney? Afore and necessity have complete a lot of inquiries to strategy this journey did you not note/know that there was this obligation to buying park tickets to catch the DDP.
I am also upset and angry with love holidays,
I sat for an hour and half on Sunday evening looking for a holiday in September for 10 days! 12 th sep to 22 nd , I finally found it and booked it . I booked it as my partner as the lead passenger and his email, as I paid it I asked him to check his confirmation email on his iPad, To my horror it said the 11th to the 21st of May!,, same destination wrong date, my partner took photos quickly on my iPad showing the booking form with the correct dates and we called love holidays but they were closed...I called them yesterday morning and explained the situation , and also explained that my son was getting married on the 21 st may so there's no way I wanted that date.. The gentleman on the phone said he'd look into it and call me back and asked me to send the photos which I did.. He called back yesterday and said they have checked their xml web feed and that I was wrong ! So I would have to pay £50 admin fee, I disagreed he suggested that I re wrote the form out after the fact to take a photo , I was furious! I refused to take the blame which was obviously a glitch in their system , he went off to talk to his supervisor and came back with the same answer , by this time I was crying and upset that would should of been a cheap holiday was turning into an expensive one , I certainly don't have £50 to throw away, I ended up cancelling the holiday and now have a bill for £44.90 ! I will never use this company again !
Unfortunately it seems from the web that you are not alone with your dissatisfaction of Love. The web is full of complaints and poor service..
Hello all,
Signed up looking for help with a situation me and my Partner find ourselves in.

We recently booked a package holiday (in store) for the end of this year to Florida in a Disney resort hotel. We had the Disney Dining Plan added to our booking. At the time of booking, we were asked if we would like theme park tickets added to our booking. We declined this as we had not yet decided on the parks (we have done them in previous years). The booking went ahead without the park tickets, but did include the DDP (disney dining plan).

A few days later my girlfriend, in doing some holiday planning on the internet, found out that Virgin were not entitled to sell us the DDP without selling us the Theme Park tickets as well.

We were the ones to get in touch with Virgin to sort this problem out. The options given to us were that we either purchased the theme park tickets as well, or have a full refund and cancel our holiday. As we don't want to either give up our holiday, nor purchase extra just to activate something we've already agreed for in our package where do we stand?

We have had a bit of communication with a Virgin advisor and the person who sold us the holiday in store, but both are still saying we either cancel or purchase extra.

Do we have a case to perhaps go down a route whereby we seek that Virgin adds the tickets free of charge, or are we really stuck with one of the two offered suggestions?

As stated, we don't really wish to cancel the holiday but as the holiday is already a substantial cost to us (5 nights in New York, then 12 nights in Disney hotel and 4 nights on a Florida coast), do not see it right that we are liable to pay extra for a mistake that was out of our hands. And as stated earlier, was down to us finding this information out and bringing it to Virgin's attention.

Would we have arrived in the Disney resort to then be told our DDP was ineligible therefore having to spend more to then eat when there?

Any information would be of a great help to us both. Thanks in advance.
hi i booked a holiday back in jan 2016 its was a 4 star hotel and now 2 weeks before i fly , i found they have made it a 3 star, so i paid for a 4 star so i emailed them 4 days ago asking why they have not informed me of this change, my email was un answered so we rang them to be told to read the term and conditions , ok my be they can not help if the hotel was down graded but no offer of refund or change of hotel just they are with in the law. please don't book with them. i have booked before with them had a great holiday but this has got to me.
Total diaster this company DO NOT BOOK HOLIDAYS WITH COMPANY I needed to change a name of one of the passengers traverling I rang & rang the customers services to no avail no replyto my emails with no reponse they he never replied to one of my emails on this matter so now I have also lost my deposit.
Have used many holiday companies, but loveholidays.com are no way near. They should be closed asap. I booked my holidays with them and they have charged me much more than charges I would have paid directly. Didn't realise it when I was booking. Any changes they charge £25 per person. There is no cancellation charge for the Hotel, but loveholidays would charge £25 per person. Never use them. Genuine Request. Stay away if you don't want to lose your money.
Due to current situation in Turkey-where almost 200 people died and more than 1000 were injured I wanted to cancel my booking for next month to Turkey as that holidays are life threatening at the moment and I'm just scared to go. I told about my worries to customer service and I was thinking they will give me my money back or offer another holidays in different country ( like many other travel companies).Unfortunately all I got was a message that my region is not affected and it's safe to go there and I can amend my booking which will cost me money? Really lovehollidays? Money is more important than your customer health? I will never book another holidays with that website and I won't go to my booked holidays but I don't know if I would get any money back...
Due to current situation in Turkey-where almost 200 people died and more than 1000 were injured I wanted to cancel my booking for next month to Turkey as that holidays are life threatening at the moment and I'm just scared to go. I told about my worries to customer service and I was thinking they will give me my money back or offer another holidays in different country ( like many other travel companies).Unfortunately all I got was a message that my region is not affected and it's safe to go there and I can amend my booking which will cost me money? Really lovehollidays? Money is more important than your customer health? I will never book another holidays with that website and I won't go to my booked holidays but I don't know if I would get any money back...
Foreign Office has said that its safe to travel to coastal resorts ...so at themoment,the holiday cos. aren't going to offer anything.
Whilst I have a degree of sympathy for some of the above posters, I also have to say that my experience of Loveholidays is somewhat different; we booked with them ages ago, and just recently were informed that the tour operator had changed our hotel as they no longer had a contract with that hotel. The "new" hotel was in a different resort, some 50km from the one we booked. When I contacted Loveholidays, they went to the TO, and came back with various alternatives, including a full refund, transferring to another holiday completely (paying any cost increase) or moving to any hotel in the TO's brochure in the same destination at no extra cost. It should be noted that NONE of these options is required by their T&Cs, so I was quite happy in the end to change to a hotel of my choice at no extra charge, and they even threw in a private transfer!
Maybe I just got lucky, maybe it's something else, I don't know, but I'm more than happy with Loveholidays.
I booked a holiday with love holidays a few months ago. I have had a query with check in and travel from airport to hotel. I have e mailed them, used a contact form and been ringing for a week. Only people that answer phone is if ring new booking number then just refuse to help and put you through to a number that doesnt get answered. Currently been ringing for two hours. same as every day for past week and I travel later today. will never never book with these people again
This happened to me as well... it's always so frustrating!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.