Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi Kevin

Callao Salvaje is a pretty small quiet kind of place so I dont know of any restaurants there but as you have a car eating out wont be a problem.

For trips out I can def recommend Siam Park for your 2 teens as well as yourselves, had a lovely day there, its the biggest water park in Europe and worth the money but buy your tickets in advance to save you queueing at the entrance on the day. (Not to be confused with Aqualand which is mostly for younger children)

Whale & dolphin boat trips are a must for all the family, you can go from Puerto Colon in Las Americas or the port at Los Cristianos.

Go up to Mount Teide National Park, with optional cable car near the top, quite spectacular landscape.

There's Jungle Park ar the back of Los Cristianos, free flying birds of prey, small zoo and jungle walk.

Not sure if the new beach at Callao Salvaje is even finished yet so if you want days on the beach there are golden beaches all the way along from Costa Adeje through Fanabe to Las Americas and all the way to Los Cristianos with all kinds of watersports available.

Going further afield you can have a day at Loro Parque in the North of the island.

Also the fast ferry goes frequently from Los Cristianos over to the island of La Gomera.

There are numerous restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets and if you need to stock up there is a large Mercadona supermarket at the Gran Sur shopping centre which is at the side of the motorway at Fanabe on the way up to your base.
Hi there are quite a few good places to eat on the main drag there is a canarian resteraunt with both indoor and outdoor eating, thare are a couple of bars that do food, but I must admit it is a very quiet place, we were there a Christmas and the beach was not finnished, but a holiday is what you make it, Las Americas and Los Cristianos are not that far away. Enjoy
Margaret(madmum)
:cheers :sun2
My response is probably a little late as I see your original post was nearly 2months ago. Just want to add that the beach is now finished and opened by the Mayor of Adeje on 18th May. I am looking forward to seeing when I go at the end of June :) Karen
Hello, I know this is over 4years ago, but I came here after doing a search on Callao.We are going to be staying at Blue sea gardens, end of November ! This will be my first holiday abroad and aside being anxious about the flight I am excited to find out what there is to do there .I see you mention trips to see Dolphins and Whales , would you know how we would get there from where we are staying , is it very far ? Also any other information regarding Callao would be great. There is not much on the internet just a few photos and very short videos
I would recommend checking out the various tenerife facebook sites including Tenerife 4 all, the residents put a lot of useful information on, also for trips i would thoroughly recommend http://www.dreamtenerife.com as they have a free concierge service for questions.
  • Edited by carol123 2017-01-15 14:59:05
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.