Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thomson Flights
7548 Posts
Don't think Darren comes on this forum anymore!
im asking is seats 11 A,B,C on the Thomson 757-200 on my flight to Alicante 06.40am im worried as im 6'9 in height
Yes they're extra legroom.
On a Thomson long haul 767 is row 6 extra space or extra legroom?
Just for those of you who have a holiday booked, effective immediately if you have booked premium/extra leg room and extra space you can book your seats immediately from time of booking.
the 90 day timeline no longer applies for those seats.
Can anyone out there find a return flight time for me from September have tried the CAA but they are changing the system at the moment.
Thanks
Do you mean the arrival time of a flight? If so register with Flightstats and you can look up the info on there. Or leave the flight number and date and someone may look it up for you.
Thanks for your reply, yes I did Flight was TOM7411 15th Sep 2016 from Dubrovnik to Birmingham.
I will also have a look at flightstats.

Thanks for you help
Just checked Flightstats just indicates N/A
Presumably you're looking for a compo claim? If so check eligibility on one of the NWNF claim sites. Failing that, if you think it arrived over 3 hours late just put a claim in to Thomson via the form on their website.
Thanks again for that. Yes it was over three hours and I have put a claim in but Thomson give a landing time of 2hrs 58mins when I recorded it at thirty six mins over the three hours and I know I am correct. I have also just had another look at flightstats and they do give an 'estimated' revised flight arrival time as exactly as the one I recorded. The CAA say that some airlines try to get away with arrival being on touch down when its actually when the cabin doors open. I have just shot another email off to Thomson via Resolver but if all else fails it will have to be one of those claim chasers , as its 400euros each its worth a bit of trouble.
"The CAA say that some airlines try to get away with arrival being on touch down when its actually when the cabin doors open"

Yes, I agree, My son had the same problem early last year flying from Gatwick to Seville with EJ. They were delayed at Gatwick and landed late. I watched this flight like a hawk. Seville airport recorded them 20 mins over the 3 hours . Flightstats amended the data and recorded them 9 mins over the 3 hour deadline.......and after several revisions EJ had them landing 2hours 58 mins...making it 2 mins below the 3 hours.

Having been delayed, there is no way, even with an almighty tail wind, would they be able to make up all of that delay time. I also assumed that Seville were calculating the time when they actually arrived at the gate.
I think the success of a claim will depend on whether the compo company just accepts the airlines timing, and not look at the other data available.

It should be a standard policy across all airlines that the time stops when the cabin doors are open, because until you step off that plane, whether it is airborne or not, the airlines are responsible for your health and safety...and basically, until you do disembark, legally you don't stop being a passenger as soon as the plane touches down on the runway.

Good luck. In the end my son got fed up of fighting them, which I suppose that is their aim, but he lives in Hong Kong and apart from the time difference being an hindrance, he had more important things to think about at the time. ( like juggling work commitments and planning his wedding in Seville)
One thing for sure , EJ will never get his custom again, which is their loss, because my lad clocks up an awful lot of air miles in a year.

Sanji
  • Edited by Sanji 2016-12-09 18:39:17
Roger, as far as I can see the latest revised arrival time (before the data came up as not available) on flightstats was 4.56 pm, which at that time the flight would have been 156 mins late, so 2hrs 36mins.
I should also have said that the time is automatically recorded when the aircraft door is opened for disembarking. Flightstats gets it's data from direct airport and airline feeds, among other sources.

Rightly or wrongly the arrival time is doors opening, across the board for all airlines. Whether it should be wheels up wheels down is a matter for debate.
Firstly thank you all for your replys, fortunately for me Thomson have given me, in writing, that our original arrival time should have been 13:20 not as stated on Flightstats, and that the actual arrival time was 16:18 which we all know is incorrect so if all the recorded info says 16:56 I should, fingers crossed, have a case.
I will let you know how I get on.
Thanks again for your input.
I've no idea why Thomson have said your arrival time should have been 13.20. TOM7411 had a scheduled arrival time of 14.20 all summer season. If it had been 13.20 then the departure time would have had to have been 11.30. I think there's some confusion about the time difference, which is 1 hour. Any claim would be calculated by the official times that the airline lodged with the airport, and what the captains paperwork showed, not what Thomson CS have said. It had been 13.20 it would have made the flight time 1 hr 45 mins, which obviously isn't correct.
Thomson are a pain to deal with - I had a delay earlier in the year caused by the plane I was supposed to fly on being broken down in Mexico which resulted in a plane change. Having put a claim in, I was informed that a passenger on the replacement plane had been ill which they said was the cause of the delay and rejected said claim under EU regulations.
Thomson CS is beyond dismal, and has been for as long as I can remember. One reason I avoid them at all costs, along with most none Thomson agents lol.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.