Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
hello, you may be right about the wind, I have been to all four of the main islands at New Year and found Fuertevtura and Lanzarote have the most wind and can get a bit cold at night. Corralejo is more windy than Costa Caleta being at the tip of the island and C/Caleta is in a bay. Even Tenirife and Gran Canaria some times have rain at this time of year, I am going to Costa Caleta this New Year and know it will be better weather than at home, I would say though if you want warm weather try Egypt, went there last year and it was very hot. :sun2
Thanks for the reply, handy to know that, didnt realise that caleta may be less windy than corralejo. had looked at Caleta first , but thought it looked more family orientated and we are 2 adults - no kids. I am tempted to go ahead and book anyway as Egypt is just too expensive at xmas. Just hope we get a few sunny days. We have been round the pool xmas day in tenerife and puerto rico -GC.
any other info appreciated , thanks
Hi,
i've lived here for 3 xmas days now and last year was the first dodgy one. The other 2 were great for sun bathing. Last winter was terrible all round here. If you are round the pool you should be ok.
Fuerteventura is the driest of the Canary islands. I've just got back last Saturday from a 10-day holiday staying in Corralejo and had just a couple of cloudy days with the rest being very sunny with virtually cloudless skies and 30 degree celsius temperatures most days. I have no experience of xmas weather there though so can't comment on that. Corralejo is breezier than Caleta de Fuste as it is more exposed to the North East trade winds. However, because it is protected by neighbouring island Lanzarote it is nowhere near as cloudy as you might expect a northern resort on other canary islands to be. In fact, when I visited Caleta de Fuste mid-holiday and was at the nearby airport at El Matorral on our arrival and departure days, it was quite a bit cloudier there than Corralejo possibly because of their proximity to the bigger island mountain range. My main issue with Caleta though is that it is right under the flight path of the planes coming in to land at the airport. For me too, it also seems a little soulless and much more of a manufactured resort than Corralejo.

The wunderground Fuerteventura weather stats are provided by the weather station at the airport so the maximum temperatures shown are always generally a few degrees lower than you would actually find in resort.
Thanks for the replies, i havent booked yet, We went to E gouna in egypt in april and while it was hot with lovely sunny clear skies , it was a kite surfing beach and this really made a difference to our enjoyment on the beach. as it got really windy.
Just thought that if it was like that in corralejo in december it could be much worse..but the flights and accommodation are really reasonable compared to the other islands at that time of year.
I think i'll give it a go and hope for the best.
I went to this place last Xmas and new year and the weather was great.very warm everyday and came home with a lovely tan.hopeing it's the same this year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.