General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The last time we hired a car in spain (ibiza) this stuff was supplied with the car. It was in the boot.
We hired a car from Hertz at Barcelona airport 2 years ago and it was supplied with the legally required safety equipment.
Your hire car company should provide the legal requirements if in doubt email them.
Hi,
We hired a car in March at Alicante with Centauro through Carjet, and the vehicle had two Hi Viz jackets in the side pockets, and the warning triangle was in the boot. :D
Thanks alot, I will e mail the car hire company and ask about that, last year when we hired a car we didn't notice anything in the boot (hired with car jet then), but maybe we just didn't look properly..... :? but thanks again :)
The reflective jackets shouldn't be stored in the boot as it's illegal to get out of the car without putting them on first!
Our reflective jacket was in the glove box.
We are off to Spain in 2 weeks and have arranged Best Parking Auckland Airport for when we arrive at the airport, though we have driven in Spain before we weren't aware then that we have to carry reflective jackets incase of breakdown as well as warning triangles? The thing is how on earth do we manage that when we are flying there? Bad enough having to squeeze a reflective jacket in our hand luggage but a warning triangle???? http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/storage/forum/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif Anyone offer any help on this one?

HELLO
What documentation is required to drive in Spain?
Information can be found here.

http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/country/spain/

Whilst the above refers to driving you own car the rules and regulations are very clear and it also covers documentation required. The hire document will show your insurance details.

If hiring I would expect the Warning Triangle to be part of the equipment supplied with the car, the same applies to Hi Vis jacket.

You can of course buy these quite cheap inthe UK. Try the Pound Shops. They are very light and won't interfere with what you have in your case. Actually not a bad idea to have one in the car here in the UK.

The important thing is to check when you pick upthe car and inspect it, just as you would for the spare wheel being present and useable.
  • Edited by fwh 2016-12-28 15:33:43
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.