Holiday Truths

For over 24 years holidaytruths.co.uk has been the chosen destination of the savvy UK holiday maker looking for up to date travel information and advice.
Thanks Matt.

Another tip is, email to yourself copies of passports, documents etc, then if everything goes missing you can always retrieve the info from your email account.
Some good advice but it doesn't always work. When I went to New York I let my bank know that I would be away but the first time I tried to use my debit card it was blocked. Luckily I had a second one with me which I was able to use. Without the second card I would probably have been stuck making expensive phone calls to my bank in the UK. When I contacted the bank after returning home they told me that sometimes the computer picked out what looked to be unusual transactions, very strange as at the time I was travelling regularly to places around the globe. So it's always useful to carry more than one form of payment with you.
  • Edited by Judith 2017-01-29 14:44:40
Agree. We were on a day travelling around Bali and our card was refused at the fourth transaction. We had taken cash for things like tips and food and drink but not enough to cover purchases.
We had told our bank but I guess they still have to factor in that your card was stolen there.
Nice infographic. One good piece of advice that seems obvious to me and came to mind after reading it, was to tell family and friends when and where you are going and when you are expected to return. We live in an ultra connected world, but there are so many unexpected events that may occur (i.e. floods, earthquakes, etc..), that making sure someone checks up on you is important.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.