Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, we 'love' Bitez, but also like Ortakent. Yalikavak is also another of those relaxing 'small town ' type of resort. Plenty of restaurants, and not many loud bars.

We stay at the Manuela Hotel in Bitez, and have stayed at the Medisun in Ortakent. Wherever you stay you will make friends.

We are trying Olu Deniz this year for a change. Hope it's as good as everyone says.

Marn. :cheers
This is just my opinion mind - Bitez is lovely, Ortakent is okay. Yalikavak is lovely too. There are also some other lovely places on the peninsula that are well worth visiting during a stay - Gumusluk (great fish restaurants), Turkbuku (holiday place of the rich and famous), Gundogan (a little quiet for my liking), Turgetreis (more Turkish than many of the other resorts, with a great Saturday market), Torba (a bit out of the way and too small for me), Gumbet (my favourite place but I know that it doesn't appeal to everybody - and no, we don't "do" Bar St but have some great friends in the quieter area of the resort and also have our own place at the back of Gumbet towards Konacik).

The boat trips are great from anywhere on the peninsula. Ephesus and Pamukkale can be done - also try visiting Lake Bafa with some nice historic buildings, etc. Bodrum is great for that - the castle (with the museum) and the mausoleum and the antique theatre, with a lovely marina (but no beach to speak of). The good thing about the peninsula is that it's small enough to get around easily by dolmus so that you can have a real good look round and get a real feel for the place.

Wherever you decide, hope you have a great holiday.

Jakki
Hi Jan,

Firstly - Welcome to the Forum!

The Bodrum Peninsular is a lovely area, I lived there for a few years and visited lots of the resorts. Bitez is very nice, thre are lots of restarants there and a few bars and everything is set along the beach, I actually didn't like Manuela Hotel, it was too noisy but I know it is very popular, I stayed at Basri apartments too, a few minutes from the beach, it was much quieter there and the rooms were lovely.

Ortakent is nice too, so are Turgutreis and Yalikavak. My favourite place is Gumusluk, it is very picturesque but it may be a little too quiet for you , there are some lovely fish restaurants but not much in the way of bars. I think Gumbet would be a bit too busy for you, although you can find quieter parts of it.

Wherever you stay on the Bodrum peninsular you will find good food, friendly people and lovely scenery. Boat trips go from most of the resorts and are a great day out. You can also do a jeep safari, village tour, day trip to Kos or venture further afield to Ephesus or Pamukale. Bodrum is a lovely old town with lots of bars, restaurants, shops, a castle, the mausoleum (one of the seven wonders of the world - although there's not actually much left of it!) and a pretty harbour. Also from Bodrum you can get a dolmus to any part of the peninsular.

If you want to know anything else just ask.

Kedi
Yalikavak would seem to have most of your requirements, lovely village with a great selection of restaurants to choose from and a few quiet bars. Boat trips leave daily and a dolmus will get you into Gumbet or Bodrum within 40 minutes.

Perhaps only downside is the town beach isnt the best. There are however, smaller coves and beaches for the adventurous beach seeker. ;)

Iain
thanks to all
will let you know what i finally decide
if anybody has any other ideas on which hotels - much appreciated
Jan

Marn
you will love oludeniz, lovely beach(although you will need beach shoes) and scenery, plenty to do we stayed at the karbel in september, which was in an ideal position and although we had read reviews which said it was full of lager louts we did not experiance that at all, it was a well run hotel with beautiful well tended grounds & excellent facilities, we used the pool of the white hotel beacuse it was quieter but I now understand that this hotel is now part of the karbel which can only make it better. The only reason we are not going back this year is because we have done all the excursions in this region and want to try somewhere new, but we have no doubt that we will back sometime in the future.
Jan
Hi there, I'm hoping for 6 nights in Bodrum with my husband and 3 year old. We were hoping for something inclusive with slides etc for kids. Also not too far from the centre, which is where exactly? We like venturing into the main town in the evening. Help please? Voyage Turbuku? Voyage Bodrum doesn't allow kids. Thanks so much !!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.