General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Used to be the evening before when I was a working man! We always "traditionally" went out for a meal at a pub to start the holiday off - now I'm retired its not the same - I tend to spend the hours before departure double checking things - are all the windows locked, have the neighbours/relations got spare keys, are all things that can be unplugged, actually disconnected, is the gas off etc etc FAR less relaxing -the perils of getting older!
Its probably the night before. We usually have a takeaway and a bottle of wine . I also check the weather for the following day and usually celebrate heading out to some sun.:-D
Oh I'm terrible. I worry something will go wrong or I'll forget something.

I do a list as I put things into my hand luggage case (only take hand luggage). Then I have my last minute list which is straighteners, make up, comb etc.

As we leave for the airport I realise I haven't breathed for 10 mins , then, as the house fades into the distance I just think tough! As long as we have PMT
Passport Money Tickets. I just wish I could relax for the week beforehand.

Message got cut off because I used a smiley.
You sound like my Mrs when it comes to worrying Glynis...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.