General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
i had to go to the chemist to get antibiotics a couple of years ago,
just go in and speak to the pharmacist they will sort you out.
i got penicillin 500mg and it only cost about 1.50 much cheaper than at home.
ali
I have had to buy antibiotics a few times when i have been abroad, i have suffered quite severly with an abcess.
I have even started buying them to bring home with me so that if it flares up again i can take them rather than have to go to the dentist.
They are just the same as the ones we get over here and cheaper!!
Anybody know if you can do the same in Cyprus, I've never tried it
but would like some info before I did. Ta much Helenxx
You do have to be very careful though, especially with antibiotics you take for tooth abcesses!!! Believe me I know :cry: You must not take the same antibiotic twice for these. So, if you think you may need antibiotics abroad it is best to ask your dentist/doctor what ones to buy, before you leave UK.
Bought some in Barbados last year and they cost me a stagerring 25 POUNDS, needed them though due to an abcess
I haven't had any problems with using the same antibiotic with my abcess,
I have been to my dentist here 4 times with the same abcess and have always had the same antibiotic from them, i know if you keep using the same one it doesn't work because your body becomes immune to them, but i haven't had any problems so far.
:lol: Thats what I mean michelle!! Using the same antibiotic each time, makes it less effective, according to my dentist, who always rotates them. As you say, you have been back 4 times with the same abcess!!
I know what you are saying, but the reason my abcess keeps returning is down to me being a wimp!! I should have my top wisdom tooth removed as it keeps biting down into my lower gum as my bottom wisdom tooth hasn't come through.
But i am so afraid of having it out that the abcess keeps coming back!! When i have the abcess i am always determined to have it removed but as soon as the abcess goes i always find an excuse not to go!!!
don't buy antibiotics abroad and use them when you think you need them, this creates superbugs and antibiotic resistance. only use pescripted antibiotics
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.