Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
paxos greece?
10 Posts
We went to Loggos back in Sept '02 and had one of our best holidays ever. We stayed in Lefki Villas with super views overlooking the bay. Loggos had all we were looking for, great little bays, peaceful and just the right number of tavernas. Would recommend trip to Anti Paxos and the local boat hire was great fun. Visited Lakka on our little boat during the day, which seemed a lot busier. Would definately love to return, but so many other islands to visit!
Futurebride - you need to talk to XenosUK!
And were might i find this person?
Sorry - she's usually made it to any Paxos threads by now! I've dropped her a PM - hopefully she'll be along soon, she goes to Loggos every year.
Tanks for that. Perhaps she could advise on the price of eating out? I hear the shops are pretty expensive with regards to food. always thinking of the tummy!
Hi,

As Elenitsa rightly said, I go to Loggos every year and as far as I'm concerned, it's the most beautiful place in the world! In fact, I'm so much in love with it that I've created my own mini-guide to Paxos within the Corfu Travel Guide click here and I've written quite a bit about Loggos and the surrounding area on there.

Hopefully, that will get you started, but if you have any specific questions, please feel free to pm me.

Elaine
Futurebride,

I just noticed your last post about eating out - it must have gone on whilst I was typing mine.

In common with the rest of Greece, prices on Paxos have been steadily rising since the introduction of the euro, but we were pleasantly surprised last year to find that they seemed to be holding, or even reducing the prices in the restaurants in Loggos. We were there for 3 weeks and the most we spent on an evening meal was just over 40 euros for 2 people, including wine. You can eat a lot cheaper than that though - I highly recommend the mixed platters in the Europa bar - loads of different meze-type bits and pieces and also the burgers and gyros in O Gonia - all good food at low prices. Supermarket prices for food are pretty similar to what you find in the UK, but my big money-saving tip is to get hot pies, pizza slices, etc from the baker's shop at lunchtime - cheap and delicious!

Elaine
We would like to stay in Lefki Villas. Please could you advise which agent handles the bookings. Thank you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.