General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I am still in contact with a couple we met on out first holiday abroad to Romania many moons ago and have been to visit them.

We have also been to stay with another couple we met in Cyprus. We got on like a house on fire on holiday and were inseparable. We hired a car together and also went on a mini cruise to the Holy Land.

We have also visited an older couple who we met on a holiday to Russia. Again we were inseparable and others in the group actually thought that they were our parents and we had gone on holiday together as we did everything together.

Probably the best one was meeting a family of 5 from Australia who shared our safari bus in Kenya. They were on a 6 month tour of the world and we got on famously. They came to stay with us when their travels brought them to Scotland. The following year we went to stay with them when we went on a month long holiday to Australia and the Far East. I very much doubt we would have visited Australia otherwise as we had no family there.

There are loads of other couples and families we have met on holiday who we still exchange Xmas cards with.

luci :wave
I met member northantsj with her family on holiday in April 2007 and every year since then we have met up, most recently being a few weeks ago. I was invited up to stay with her and her husband at their home for a few days in 2009 and it was lovely meeting up with all the others in their family which I have become good friends with. I think I would have been lost with out northantsj the last 5 years, so holiday friendships can work.
We enjoyed having you here Danny and as you say we've been friends for four years. I don't think he could believe what a quiet village we live in. He's joined us on holidays both at home and abroad many times and we met up in Blackpool a month ago. We have so many long chats on the phone and as I've been ill and depressed recently his phone calls have really helped.
Is anyone still in touch with friends they met on holiday? I'm writing an article about it and would love to speak to people who have great holiday friendship stories!
  • Edited by emilyc 2017-03-06 15:25:15
Not anymore Emily. My friend & I used to go on trips to Belgium with National Holidays & we met lots of people from our area as the coaches picked up locally. We used to give some of them nicknames at first until we were introduced.

On one of our trips was an older lady 'Diamonds' as she wore lots of sparkle jewelry. She admired a crystal star necklace I was wearing that I'd bought in the Algarve. So on our next holiday I bought her one & took it round to her house. She was over the moon (& stars)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.