General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Japan I reckon, I would just eat sushi all day every day
Japan- yeh- I'll add that to my list as well!
I really must try the Greek Islands , I've done Thessalonika and Cyprus , but should try what I consider as being "real " Greek . Looking further to the future I would love to tour around Malaysia , and to be honest tour around the UK too , something like about 4 to 6 weeks ? Would be nice to do both when I'm lucky enough to retire !
Chile, Japan, Libya and Syria are the places on my list that I didn't get to visit. There is always the possibility that I could still make Chile and Japan though I very much doubt it, but Libya and Syria definitely not.
andy- I have only been to KL and Penang. KL is my least favourite Far East city that I have visited. Would love to return to Penang as we went there at a time when we just booked trips, rather than get round ourselves.
Judith- Libya and Syria- What can you say :(
The first time I went to Penang was for a couple of nights when touring Malaysia and we just did the included tours. The second time
was when I was there with a friend when we had a 3 night stop off on our way back from Australia, we pleased ourselves what we did and really enjoyed our short break . I quite like Kuala Lumpur, not as chaotic as Bangkok but not as sanitized and disciplined as Singapore, though I do like both cities.
  • Edited by Judith 2017-03-04 18:23:20
Andy, I'm with you would love to drive around the UK. Whenever I watch Escape to the Country I marvel at what lovely little villages we have.. We are lucky enough to live on the doorstep of the Yorkshire Dales & Whitby, so great to see other areas. A VW Camper van would suit me fine!

Further afield, if I could be zonked out for the confines of a flight, I would like to visit Singapore, New Zealand, New England in the fall, Japan. The mountains of Pakistan look stunning.

Nearer to home, Norwegian Fjords & to see the Northern lights.
The bits of South Africa that we didn't visit on our first trip.....Australia and NZ......Mauritius.......Thailand.
Bit too old now for the trip round the Moon !!!
I missed Namibia off of my list. It's a country I have always wanted to visit. I had fancied touring the country then having a few nights in Capetown, one of my favourite cities, at the end of the tour. Sadly I don't think my back/general constitution would enjoy the long distances on bumpy roads getting from one area to another.
Anyone I know who has been to Namibia raves about it.
I've always wanted to visit Russia, particularly Moscow, but it's not going to happen, so I have to be content with watching Dr Zhivago instead :lol:
Been to Australia.....no desire to repeat the experience....it was good (in places) but also very hyped up too.

I'm happy in my own little world :wink:
Sanji x
We did a Star Cruises quite a few years ago down the Straits of Mallaca , starting from Phuket and down to Singapore , we stopped off at langkawi , Georgetown , pangkor laut , Mallacca . We also have stayed in Kuantan , and have visited Borneo staying in the KK area , we did a visit to Sepilok though , but it just feels like we've only got a snapshot of Malaysia , I would like to revisit all of them and more ! There is the Cameron highlands , Tioman and Redang Islands and more in Borneo to see , it's good that there are great connections like KL and Singapore to use so it's easy to visit many places , everything about it fascinates me , food , culture and history . Glynis , I watch escape to the country , I work nights now so it's my afternoon viewing after lunch !! I too really think we have such a lot to see around the UK , I've never been to Wales or Scotland ( except a one day car journey to the Chrysler factory in Glasgow aged 10 with my dad delivering machined tools ) and never visited Ireland either , I would like to tour round and also see where I would like to relocate too as well !!
My brother went to live in New Zealand for twelve months about a decade ago and we went to visit for two weeks. Would love to go back, hire a camper van and just drive around exploring
We spent three weeks driving round NZ in a camper van in 2002 as the main destination in a round the world trip. We loved the place so much we tried to emigrate . It's a great place for touring, apart from major towns the roads were empty and miles of miles of fabulous scenery.
The only downside I found to driving over there - aside from the fact that the hire car I was driving can only be described in words not suitable for a family forum - was how draconian some of the speed limits were. A stretch of roadworks on an empty road at 20km/h was not fun!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.