Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Dubai Help
8 Posts
Not sure I can help other than give my opinion that I prefer creekside rather than the beach. Our first stay was at Hilton Dubai Creek. great hotel, rooftop pool and a shuttle to its sister hotel on the beach. We spent a day there but didn't go back. I have been around the area and much prefer where we stayed. Second time was to Arabian Courtyard. Loved that hotel and definitely would go back there. It has a pool which we used several times. Its right across from the museum. Their bar is great- live music and a good atmosphere and prices are good for Dubai.
Hi , the last few times we've mostly stayed on Jumeirah Beach , where The Walk is , it is a very popular area and desirable as its on the coast , we've stayed at the Doubletree there a couple of times and it's a great position , but felt that this time it was marred by the building work next door , they are building the new Dubai Eye opposite which is not a problem but now they are doing the foundations for the new Address hotel next to the doubletree . The marina hotels behind The Beach are very nice , it really does depend on your criteria , there are nice beach hotels a bit further out , there are great luxury hotels but pools end up being in the shade by the sheer density of skyscrapers , downtown hotels are cheaper and nearer attractions like the Dubai Mall and fountains and BK , eating in the malls is probably the cheapest options with vast choices , the hotels are more expensive but they have alcohol licences ( the malls on the whole don't ) we did actually stay also at Hilton Dubai Creek , lovely hotel and great rooftop pool although we had to share it with the Lancashire Cricket team who were warm weather training ( Dubai has outstanding sporting facilities for professional teams ) Dubai is extremely spread out , but taxis and transport is easy and cheap for a " city " quite a few inland hotels do have beach clubs that they shuttle to . It does really depend on what you want to do there and how long you will be there , if you want to sight see and experience attractions you will be paying a high price for beach situated hotels when you are out all day , for that money you can have great luxury a bit more inland and get around to see things .
Andy- I did think that if we had stayed at the beach , it was a bit far away for where we would want to go at night.
For during the day, there is the hop on/off bus which takes you to most places you would want to go to.
Yes , we found that going from the doubletree on Jum beach the walk to Dubai mall with attractions was about 30 mins by taxi and 50-60 AED ( 10. -12 £s ) but we had really nice meals outside viewing the fountains as we ate , really nice atmosphere and it's always best to go early midweek , it's very crowded at the weekend ( thu pm to sat pm ) also the beach hotels are very busy at the weekends with brunches and " locals " taking over the hotel restaurants and pools . The marina area has great restaurants for nighttime . You also see lots of deals for hotels on the Palm , it can time consuming getting about from there but the hotels look great , and often do HB for attractive rates , but again drink prices can be eye watering in those hotels
Just remembered a glass of coke ( about 250mls ) was nearly £5 at the doubletree hotel , yet a 500ml coke in mall supermarket was 2 AED about 40p
I think you are more or less isolated on the Palm. Too far from anything
Yes, it is the right location to stay though it is overpriced. So I'd recommend staying in Deira or Dubai International City and renting a car at some local providers like https://dubairentacar.ae/ that will allow you to travel anywhere with no problems.
Me and my wife went to V hotel for celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and we had a nice experience. We stayed in 2801 room number. Special thanks to Mr . Dinesh and Mr. Ganesh to help us with describing all the details of the hotel. They were very friendly . I highly recommend the hotel and the staffs. I stayed for couple of days because i'd to attend some meeting there as well regarding to my shipping and loading business company named as " Truckoom ", anyways the food was also very delighted and tasty, they have bunch of dishes in their venue and the most imp thing about the hotel is their lobby view, its so good so i would like to highly recommend to visit V hotel, thankyou.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.