Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Not happy
27 Posts
£900 extra? How much would you lose if you cancelled it? Would that still be cheaper?
£900 Fiona yes as 3 going at £803 each with Barrhead.

Have you only paid deposit or full amount? I agree with Fiona if only your deposit paid probably cheaper to book direct.
Hi
I lose £600 deposit so if I cancel I lose £600 , think It would mean saving £300 though if ya know wit I mean. Can't believe I fell into it
Yes you're still saving £300. Try giving them a ring as, they may price match rather than loosing your balance.
I was looking to book a family holiday for a special occasion, I contacted Barrhead Travel gave them the details of what we were looking for, as there was 7 of us I had priced the holiday prior to phoning and was looking at a price of around £12,000 so not a cheap holiday.

Barrhead promised they would get back to me, they never did, a few days later I phoned again and got the same promise, same thing no contact from them, for a third and final time I phoned them, again a promise of we will phone you back, yep you guessed still no contact.

I decided a company that can't be bothered even trying to get a good sale would not be getting my custom, if that is there customer service before even getting my money what would they be like once I had given them the money.

I personally won't ever use them now, I hope you have some success in getting them to look at their price and trying to get them to match what you have found. If they are unwilling to reduce their price you could try and ask them to throw in extras such as Airport Lounge, Room and or Cabin upgrades and Transfers.

Do let us know how you get on.
I wouldn't be happy if my staff didn't follow up a potential £12,000 sale!

Hope you get sorted elsewhere 👍
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.