America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Las Vegas
13 Posts
booked some shows tonight- think I could have booked another holiday with what I paid! We are going to see Ka, All Shook Up, Rat Pack( been before and loved it) and The Divas (Frank Marino). Would have loved to have Cirques Michael Jackson but it just can't be worth $400 for 2 tickets!
I wasn't particularly taken by Vegas however my outstanding memory was of some people from a certain nation (you can probably guess) genuinely believing that they were visiting Paris and Venice.
Seriously? Venice did look good though:)
I didn't think I would like Vegas but this is our third time. Was hoping for a headliner but it's just Celine Dion and I am not a fan. Narrowly missing out on Diana Ross
Away to book Donny and Marie before O H changes his mind. Couldn't believe he agreed to it!
I found groupon for deals. Have some great deals on the Big Bus and a buffet we liked in the past and also a restaurant in Balleys with good reviews.
Wondering whether to try the high roller
When I went I just small Mexican blokes on the boulevard whistling at me throwing cards at me with nice women on.

God knows what that was about.. 😂
That's the official response is it Lance ?:-D
I've only been to Las Vegas once and that was back in 1975, I didn't think much to the place and OH disliked it so much we only stayed one night . My one regret though was not trying to get tickets to see Elvis who was appearing at one of the hotels at the time, , I thought there would be plenty of chances in the future.
I loved the desert and mountain scenery in the area and have visited the western desert states on a few occasions but Las Vegas leaves me cold.
Holiday begins tomorrow! Arrive 7.30pm. Has to be Ellis Island as we are 5 minutes walk from it.
Just decided to do another trip to the Grand Canyon- Wednesday. Quite a busy time.Think we only have Monday with nothing planned.
Grand Canyon looks amazing would love to see it, via helicopter 👍

Have a great time Fiona 👍👍👍
i am afraid you wont get me on a helicopter!
Thanks Glynis
Club Europe flight Aberdeen to Heathrow done and written about on flights forum. We are flying BA First ( avios and a 242 voucher)
Trying out Cathay Pacific First lounge just now. It only opened a few months ago. Very nice. We were also going to BA First lounge but it's too nice here. Lovely menu. Only had dim sum basket and OH had noodles in peanut sauCE. Top class champage. Think I will sleep on the plane! Will have to- LV is 8 hours behind us and we arrive 7.30pm !
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-04-02 14:31:36
BEEN TWICE.TOTALLY ENJOYED THE SECOND TIME BETTER.AS WE PLANNED OUR WEEK BETTER.I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU VISIT THE VARIOUS BOOTHS ON THE STRIP. THEY ADVERTISE MONEY OFF VOUCHERS FOR SHOWS,RESTAURANTS AND TRIPS ETC.. QUITE A SAVING. IN FACT, THE FIRST TIME WE WERE THERE, WE STAYED IN THE RIO HOTEL, AND THE RAT PACK SHOW WAS ON IN OUR HOTEL FOR AROUND 100$ FOR 2 TICKETS. WE GOT 2 TICKETS FOR ABOUT 60$. QUITE A SAVING. ALWAYS CHECK THE CUT PRICE BOOTHS FIRST.JUST A WEE TIP IF BOOKING ANY TRIPS WITH THE BOOTHS,,,,THEY NEED ID, PASSPORT, WHEN BOOKING. ALSO, I WOULD RECOMMEND THE "REALITY TOUR", AGAIN BOOKED WITH THE BOOTH. THIS IS VERY WORTHWHILE AND SO WORTH THE MONEY. VISITING REALITY SHOWS, eg. TANKED, PAWN STARS, SHELBY, AND A FEW OTHERS. THE LADY WHO DOES THE TOUR, IS VERY VERY GOOD AND KNOWLEDGEABLE AND WOULD THOROUGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TOUR. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU. WE THOROUGHLY, THOROUGHLY ENJOYED LAS VEGAS, WHAT AN EXPERIENCE.ALSO, IF YOU HAVE TIME, VISIT FREMONT STREET (OLD LAS VEGAS).AT NIGHT. THE LIGHT SHOW IS OUT OF THIS WORLD. TOTALLY AMAZING. ENJOY LAS VEGAS. ......WE DID
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.