Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hi Tim

Chenobyl be the looks of it has been safe for years with radiation levels being very low. It would be amazing to see that place as it will have just been stood in time. Very humbling.

Lance
Sanji, I came cross that same article when trying to gain some insight into why would anybody want to visit Chernobyl! It won't be on my list - if it's not safe to sit down or touch anything and you are checked for radiation exposure levels when you leave the exclusion zone (and according to another article I read, if those levels are high your clothes are confiscated and you have to take a decontamination shower!) then as far as I am concerned it's not safe for a casual tourist visit.

It does seem that the only people saying that it is safe to visit are the people who organise these tours and the operators association for the nuclear power industry - both of whom have a vested interest in playing down the long term danger of the site and the surrounding area.
Tim, surely your in the best place to find information about Chernobyl as your posting from the Ukraine?
It is safe!!! It is touristic zone for long time already. Don't go alone there, will be more safety with guide. We had trip around Ukraine last summer. And it started from Chernobyl. We really enjoy this place, doesnt look like any othe places we been to. After we moved on South to Odessa. Chernobyl is not the most importent place to see in Ukraine. The most importent is Black Sea coast. We stayed in Kherson also on our way. At the Premier Compass Hotel https://kherson-hotel.phnr.com. Wonderfull night to rest and really good breakfast before we continue traveling. I wish you to enjoy your trip!
Hi Olga
Do you live in the Ukraine?
Hi, Fiona! Yes I am from Ukraine, but I live in Abu Dhabi now.
you obviously have a job with a lot of travel:-D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.