Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Holiday ruined
8 Posts
Hi :welcome to the forums.

Where were you staying?

What board was written on your confirmation invoice?

Why did you wait 2 days to collect wristbands? Why did you need wristbands for half board as they are generally used for All Inclusive?

Sorry for all the questions but just need the finer details & hopefully we'll be able to help 👍
We were staying at the Castillo beach resort in calleta de fuste.
Yes it was/is written on my booking receipt.
We arrived late to the hotel and reception just said to go to the restaurant to eat. We didn't realise people were wearing wristbands bands until the second morning.
That's the whole point, when we booked, we asked for halfboard but weren't told that the resort didn't do halfboard only self catering or all inclusive.
When I phoned I asked for ALL the recordings but they only sent one.
I've checked their website and they do provide half board. Travel Republic are also selling h/b option.

http://www.castillobeach.com/en/

If your confirmation invoice states half board then their contract with you is to provide you with half board. Surely if, as they say, "you cancelled" h/b then a new invoice would have been issued? Also the price difference between half board & self catering is roughly 50% so where was your refund if that was the case?

You need to write to them pointing out these facts. Send it recorded delivery & keep the receipt.

Out of interest, when did you travel & how much did you pay for the accommodation? We could perhaps work out roughly, what board Sunmaster's have charged you for.
There was never any new invoice because there was never a phone call to cancel.
We travelled 18/3/17. And we paid £669. On the invoice it says "promo halfboard" so when I spoke to them he said "promo doesn't mean that you booked halfboard.
When I had the email with the paperwork in, I read that it said promo half board and when I looked across the page it said self catering so I phoned them. This is the first call after the booking. When I asked about the wording, they said it's nothing to worry about it, we are definitely booked for half board.
I have requested all the phone recordings of my calls but have only been sent one the first one.
That's what I meant, had you cancelled they would have issued you with a new invoice with details. They wouldn't have let you travel with a half board confirmation invoice if you'd changed to s/c.

There's lots of confusion here. Promo H/B booking which doesn't mean you booked H/B, hotel saying they don't do H/B when their website & others state they do.

I think you should make an appointment with citizens advice as it's not very clear what they have done without seeing all the paperwork. They owe you for a transfer fee for a start!
Well, let us travel without it they did and when questioned about the transfers we were told it was "human error" and left it at that. No mention of a refund.
I will get on to CAB tomorrow and take all the documents in with me so hopefully they can tell me where I can go from here.
As far as I'm concerned they literally left us for dead. If it wasn't for friends we met out there that might have been the case but Sunmaster Holidays just didn't care.
Thank you for your advice.
Good luck & please let us know how you get on 👍
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.