Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I think what happens with some agents is, that the prices (especially flight prices) aren't live so they give a quote then find the price of the flight has increased (they never seem to decrease though which does happen 😉 )

The most common complaint we hear about though are people who've booked a holiday with an agent & then find that the price has rocketed. They are then trapped as they've already paid a substantial deposit.
It is pretty bad, we got stung with A1 travel and Teletext in the last three years. We have in the end found one agent that has been brilliant. Unsure if the technology is not up to scratch or it is just a ploy and sales tactic, but on both occasions with A1 and Teletext, the price on the website is nowhere near the price it ends up being.

The worst of the two was Teletext, it gave us a quote reference, when we rang we blatantly got through to an Indian call centre and they were aggressive and it ended up costing £249 more than the internet price (considering the total holiday cost £1107 you can see the differnce).

Pretty shambolic really but like us, we paid it once - would love to see how many people there is out there that fall for it.

There wants to be some form of regulation as I would say it is false advertising.

Goddard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.