Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Lotte, do you live in Spain and is this why you booked a transfer in Turkey with an agency based in Benidorm? I ask because if that is the case then it is Spanish consumer law that will primarily determine your rights in this case but the majority of members on this site are based in the UK so I'm not sure that any advice they could offer will apply to your situation.
Ok, I'll have a stab at this. This is how I'm reading it.
1. Viajes Alameda is a Spanish registered travel agent, who just happens to have their head office in Benidorm.
2. They have a trading arm supplying transport called Shuttle Direct.
3. To supply transport in various European countries, they sub- contract out to local firms....in this case in Turkey USLU TURIZM.
I'm not sure who is responsible, is it the local supplier or does the onus still fall back on the parent company ( Viajes Alameda) sub- contracting out?.

The poster is saying that she is not getting any help/advice or whatever from either Viajes Alameda, Uslu Turiz or Travel Republic, then I would contact the Oficina de Consumidor (OMIC) in Benidorm, for the simple reason they (Viajes Alameda) are trading from Benidorm.

OMIC
Plaza Canalejas, 1
Centro Municipal Torrejó
03501 Benidorm
Fax: 96 585 13 06
E Mail: omic@benidorm.org

The problem I see here is this....
In Spain every registered business has to carry a complaints book and it's a book of forms called Libro de Reclamaciones .
They cannot refuse to give you this form and to set things in motion, you follow the procedure of filling in the nature of your complaint on the form, which is carbon copied, so actually you only fill in the top copy.
The form tells you who keeps a copy and which coloured one to send to OMIC. The document instructions are in English as well as Spanish.
They are the equivalent of Trading Standards in the UK, but with a lot more clout and it's a free service.

What do they do? ( Translated from Spanish)
1. They offer information, help and guidance to consumers.
2. It is in charge of the reception, processing and mediation of the claims that are presented directly by the consumer or that they are sent to him by other Offices of Information to the Consumer.
3. Promotes the education and training of consumers.
4. Collaborates with other public and private entities, also dedicated to the protection of consumers.
5. Refers to the Consumer Arbitration Board those claims in which a mediating agreement has not been reached. In general, it performs any function that contributes to the protection of consumers

So, the only thing I can suggest is to get in touch with OMIC via the email address and explain the situation. They MAY (if you request) supply you with the form to print off..... You can "do" this on-line, but unless you understand Spanish , it's difficult....although some offices do offer the service on-line in English.

http://benidorm.redomic.com/

Also, I would strongly suggest that during any contact with OMIC, you keep it to the point and state what you want from this, i.e, the money refunded for none transport.

OMIC will want COPIES of any documents, tickets etc. that you have, otherwise they will not take your case on board.

Quote:
The consumer must formulate the complaint inquiry in a detailed manner, as well as always indicate in a concrete and clear way, what he is asking for.
In addition, you must provide at least the following documentation:

• Personal data, including name, surnames, address, telephone, mail and fax of the consumer, among others.
• Data of the company or establishment that is the subject of the complaint, including the commercial name, business name, address and telephone number.
• Documentation related to the case. Tics, invoices, budgets, contract documents, receipts and even advertising information must be provided.
. In order to validate said claim must be processed by the general registration of the municipality of Benidorm.

The fact that the bus could not get directly to the hotel door or the driver being angry, both are irrelevant, because there are many hotels in Spain that I know of, where it is impossible to get a bus down the street, and you have to accept this, also eating/drinking is not allowed on all the transfer buses that I've travelled on.

I don't know how much we are talking about here with regards to the amount paid for transfers, but unless it's a considerable amount, I would go so far and then reluctantly chalk it down to a bad experience, I'd never use them again and I'd flood the internet with a bad review.

I can be evil when I want revenge.  :evil: :smile:
**** Please let us know how you progress with this ****

The time spent trying to help, is just as important to those who reply and when the original poster doesn't acknowledge the effort or have the courtesy to come back, it's disheartening and rude.

Sanji
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-04-23 00:21:10
    Typo errors
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.