General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I am always nervous before I go away; sometimes to the point that I don't want to go away at all.

This feeling seems to go once my suitcase disappears down the conveyor belt and I have my boarding pass.

Perhaps I feel this way because I am always worried that I have forgotten something, and by the time the suitcase is taken from me, then it is too late to worry. If I have forgotten something and it is really important then there is usually a shop in the departure lounge where I can buy it from. I can remember one year when I suddenly remembered I had forgotten to pack a pair of shorts and I had to buy a pair up at Gatwick.
Hi
Well...only 1 more sleep then off to feurteventura. Managing to keep calm, taken my time getting things ready and house in order as someone is stopping to mind our elderly dog. Nearly got stressed because I couldnt find the mossie spray, it was already in my partners case. :tup Why I was getting worked up goodness knows as there are plenty of shops in the Airport.
Hope all who are going away have a good holiday, will let you know how I went on when I come back.
I have got a good feeling about this one, may be because I have shared my feelings with HT, it has made me feel much calmer.
M
Hi margaretcaroll. My advice is to make sure everything's done by lunchtime and then relax and try to do something to take your mind off the holiday. I know that I can't think about the holiday the day before we go because that's when I get a bit panicky. I try and focus on something else, which keeps me calm.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time- Enjoy :sun2
I get so nervous on the day of going away that I seem to spend every waking minute on the loo!! However, extremely fortunately we have never missed a flight and my nervousness has actually paid dividends. Some years ago we were flying home from Tel Aviv, I as usual had to go to the loo and as a result we ended up at the end of a very long check-in queue. Hubby was absolutely livid until we got to the desk, the computer went down and when order was restored we were upgraded to First Class! It's never happened since, but I do remind him of it when he threatens to leave me behind.
We've got 2 weeks yet until we go Cuba but I'm already feeling nervous about everything. The main thing I worry about is the flying, forgetting or losing something, and my kids getting ill. Once I get to my destination and we've got our cases I can start to relax but the whole build up I find quite stressful.
Hi
Well got back home yesterday from a lovely holiday in Corralejo. :cheers

I think airing my worries on HT was like some sort of therapy as I was calm on the outward journey and the return, not once did I get that nervous sickly feeling ,even when they said there would be a delay going out :(

M
That's what we're here for. Glad to hear you had a lovely time.
Yes! I am currently stressing at the moment waiting for some confirmation and getting confused about various things. Taken deposit etc and just waiting for confirmation.

Mind if I scream!! :duh
I worry about moving myself somewhere new. The first night away is hardest. I like rhoutine. I like to be in control aswel. I know when i get to my destination i will be fine and will enjoy myself if i let myself relax. I worry whether i have enough to wear and if i have packed everything i need. This is silly as i know i will be able to go shopping if i did.
I feel the exact same when I am going away. I am excited and nervous. I am going away 2 Ibiza 2mz and never been away on holiday with my friends and never been 2 Ibiza b4 so its all new 2 me. Once I am there I am sure I will be fine but I think it's the fear of I hope everything goes okay and I get there and back okay.
You will get on fine! Have a great holiday! I remember Ibiza when I was young and going to clubs. Don't think I can stay up to 6am and then get up for 10am breakfast now!
Aww bless you Claire. You'll have a great time I'm sure. Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Enjoy & take care ,👍
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.