Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
First of all - Welcome to HT! Sorry its not under the best of circumstances. Can I ask what you have asked for from Thomson? Sorry- haven't been to Disney so can you tell me if these tickets were for your entire stay? If that is the case then they you are due a percentage of the ticket price back.
Hi Fiona Thanks!

I have stated i would like compensation but i have left it open to them as i don't want to under/over value it.
Yes we booked as a package deal and the tickets were for 14 days :( only got to really use 11!
Sounds like you lost over £300 worth of tickets.
I think you need to be specific with what you want.
Be sure it's a cash offer and not vouchers.
Personally I think in a simplistic way if you have paid £1500 for tickets that are for 14 days and you've only been able to use them for 11 days because of their incompetence then around £300 refund is a fair expectation , I think with the £6000 you've paid for the holiday you've received the flights and accommodation without any issue it appears , you could claim loss of enjoyment and stress , but overall I think that £300 is a reasonable amount to claim / expect . No doubt they will probably try to fob you off with a £50 or £100 voucher , and personally I don't think that is realistic , it would then be up to you if you wish to persue that further , sadly companies don't think in a fair way but then judges and courts often do depending on how strong your case is .
  • Edited by andy66 2017-06-14 21:40:07
    Grammar
Spenka
Any resolution yet?
Hi Fiona,
no there has been no resolve, thomson are now saying it is with their compliance team which could take another 14 working days. I have rang twice now and said I won't give up. I have stated I am willing to go to Abta it's just such a pain! Any ideas about the compliance team and their uses?
Thanks
lauren
I'd expect more than the proportion of ticket refund. There's the lack of enjoyment ie missing days in the parks, stress & phone calls due to trying to track tickets, plus you paid for a service (tickets) not received.

If it's still the same, they have 28 days to respond to your initial complaint then 14 days thereafter.

I'd keep things in writing also. Make phone calls if you wish, but also send recorded delivery letters or emails outlining the same points. Always best to keep a paper trail in case of future discrepancies. "You told me this on the phone" "We have no record of a phone call 😉"

It could possibly take time to get it resolved to your satisfaction, be patient. As Andy says do not accept vouchers (unless you intend traveling with Thomson's again). And don't accept their first offer if it appears unreasonable to you. It will no doubt come with the bog standard "In full & final settlement", don't be nervous of this statement as it doesn't mean you can't refuse their offer. I had about 4 such offers starting at £50 I eventually settled for £750.

Good luck & I hope it's resolved for you soon. Please let us know how you get on 👍
Thanks so much Glynis, I am digging my heels in and am going to get it resolved! It annoys me the big companies think they can take your money then not give the service they contractually agreed too! They have until the 17th July to respond and I will update you guys as soon as I hear anything! Thanks for the great advice/support!
Hi All,
So I gave up and phoned Thomson today after now waiting nearly 2 months with no reply, the lady at the call centre said they had sent a letter out on the 29th of June, despite me ringing on the 30th and them saying it was with compliance......... yeah great they had sent it to my travel agent! Despite having been given my address 4 times!!! The response was emailed to me and boy was I in for a shock.... Thomson have basically called me a liar! I've copied the response so you guys can take a look!

Thank you for getting in touch with us in regards to your holiday experience. Iam sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service you received.I have taken time to investigate your concerns and hope you feel this issue hasbeen dealt with upon reading this response.Firstly, I would like to apologise that there was so much stress andinconvenience at the start of your holiday as you had to try and contact variousdifferent advisors and from your complaint it seems nobody gave you oneanswer. This I am very sorry for.I have spoken to the resort office in Florida and they have confirmed that youdid pick up the vouchers for the parks at the Thomson desk in Sanford airport.They have sent me a copy of a document which shows you have signed to saythat you have picked up all of your tickets. On these grounds, unfortunately, Iam unable to offer you any compensation.Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. Wewelcome all customer feedback as this provides us with a valuable insight intoour services from the customer’s perspective and can inform serviceimprovement as it has done in this case.

That's basically it! I signed to say I had collected my welcome pack (I was never told I was signing to accept receipt of anything but welcome pack) as I was asked too but no tickets! Luckily I took a picture of the will call tickets when I got them on the 13th and it actually stated the tickets were generated on the 13th so I've sent a lovely email and attached the pictures.....I also have the full address and name of the rep I had to meet at the Orlando office on the 13th so I cant wait for their response! Beyond furious guys any ideas on where to go from here?
That is awful. The offices there know you were chasing them up. Phone them up and explain that you went into the offices. Tell them to recheck. Unfortunately if the paperwork did specify tickets and you have signed that you received them you may have to rely on goodwill. If they are not budging ask them to p/c the form you signed (so that you can check how it was worded).
"Luckily I took a picture of the will call tickets when I got them on the 13th and it actually stated the tickets were generated on the 13th so I've sent a lovely email and attached the pictures.....I also have the full address and name of the rep I had to meet at the Orlando office on the 13th so I cant wait for their response! "

Thank goodness you have a copy of the date the tickets were generated. They can't argue with that surely?.......or will they? Let us know their reply Spenka1807 👍
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.