General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
It's shocking!

I'm one of the people born in the 50's who've been caught in it all. Instead of an anticipated pension age of 60 mine is now 65. No time to plan - nothing.

My friend from school, is 4 months older than me, she was born September I'm January. She collects her pension 1yr & 3 months before me. :que
When I started work the retirement age for state pension was 65 for men , and it will be 67 for me , I'm luckily a few years over the 47 and below age that now has to work an extra year , I remember when both my grandads retired at 65 after years of hard work in the same factory , they both looked old and worn out , I hope I don't feel and look the same at 67 !!
I hope to be able to retire a few years before 67 though with private pensions I have before drawing my state pension , perhaps in the future workplace pensions will play a more important role in providing for the longer life expectancy we now appear to have as the state pension doesn't seem able to cover the increasing number of people drawing state pension .
Along with many final salary pensions being closed it doesn't paint a pretty picture for many younger people .
  • Edited by andy66 2017-07-19 21:21:54
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.