General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Husband's clothes are a no brainer as he repacks when he gets home & puts his case in the loft for next year.

About at least a week before we travel, I go into my holiday drawers under the bed. I bring out everything I think I'm taking & try it all on! (Including all the stashed new stuff I've purchased). The new stuff is things I'm going to look great in! 👍 ..... Until I look in the mirror that is! It looked great in the shop & I was convinced it would look excellent with the new shorts. The new shorts that now make me look like an extra from Ain't Half hot mum......😱

The shorts get put back in the bag, ready for a refund & out come last year's old faithfuls.

I sort all the documentation out & hubby carries it. He's in charge of papers, passports & money. I'm in charge of the contents of my handbag 😉

At the airport, I'm the "Got to beat the rush" person. I rush to beat the rush :duh hubby saunters behind with not a care in the world. Dithering I call it. He walks slow anyway while I'm a fast walker so I'm forever looking behind me, & I end up waiting for him 😁 I just can't walk slowly it makes me tired.

We don't hold hands as in the advert. I sometimes wonder if folks just hold hands because they are on holiday as I rarely see as many couples walking hand in hand at home. If we did hold hands, because he walks so slowly compared to me, then yes, I'd look like the woman in the advert 😂
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.