General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Reclining seats are they really nescessary???
Kids kicking the back of my seat...
1. Kids & adults kicking back of seat (yes, adults do it too!)
2. Talking during safety demo (every aircraft is the same, right? No!)
3. Armrest hoggers (it's not your favourite armchair!)
4. Grabbing seat and hair of passenger in front (why not use armrests to get up)
5. Taking socks off and poking feet through row in front (don't do it, please!)
6. Centrally controlled temperature (it never works properly)
7. Not respecting space of fellow passengers who've paid for extra legroom seats
8. Leaving toilet as you would wish to find it (pick up toilet paper/dispose of nappies properly)
9. Miserable cabin crew (you chose the job, so look as if you are enjoying it!)
10. Oversize hand luggage

Despite the above, I do like flying. In the majority of cases, all that's needed is some commonsense and basic courtesy. Mini-rant over!!
Totally agree with you poshgirl. - numbers 1,2 and especially 10 - oversize hand luggage, leaves no room in overhead locker for fellow passengers. I also like flying and it is only on the odd occasion that I have experienced the aforementioned. Cabin crew do an amazing job.
  • Edited by terry.mcelroy 2017-08-07 18:09:15
    repetition of wording
Another vote for the temperature. The first thing I do is put the blower on as it's soooo stuffy.

Whinging kids. On a recent flight, if Chucky didn't get everything his brother had he just screamed until mummy gave him it. I felt so sorry for the elder sibling.

Loud sniffing every two seconds. My friend gave the bloke behind a tissue before we both threw up or had a bout of air rage.
I got to know a BA pilot on one holiday who flew longhaul on their East African routes and he said that it was a favourite trick of the cabin crews, especially but not only, on the overnight flights back from Mombasa which would usually be filled with returning holidaymakers, to turn the thermostats up in the passenger cabin so that it would make the passengers sleepy and they'd have an easier shift with fewer service calls! The younger brother of a good friend worked as a steward with BA and when I asked him if this was true or was X winding me up, he turned red and admitted that, yes, it was ahem known to happen!
😁 Everyone should press their call buttons in sequence to ask for it to be turned down.
The point no.4 made by posh girl is my main peeve , why do people use others head rests as a lever , do they get out of a chair like this at home ? You put your hands on the arms of the chair and push up with your own arms and legs .
Also , can never understand why when people get on a plane and they are seated in row 27 ( I see it on their boarding card ) they start looking up at the numbers above the seats at the front of the plane , do they think the row numbers might be numbered in reverse on this plane ? With row 31 at the front and row 1 at the back !! Get a move on , there's a big queue behind while you're testing your numeracy skills
re point no.4 above - unfortunately there is so little legroom in most aircraft cabins nowadays that I physically can't get out of a middle or window seat without the aid of the seat back in front . Sorry in advance (I avoid the passenger in front's hair tho') - this is why I aalways try to get extra legroom or at the very least an aisle seat!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.