DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
I've booked them again next week in Tunisia from the airport at Monastir to my hotel in Sousse. I usually just grab a taxi but didn't think I'd feel up to 'negotiating' with a Tunisian taxi driver at 3am. :D
I don't think I mentioned anywhere that I booked A2B in Malta and we got transported in a lovely new Mercedes complete with a chauffeur provided by Williams Garages in St Pauls Bay, vey nice and posh it was :D
DO NOT USE this company. We booked airport transfers with them in Sept 2012 for airport pickup in Cape Verde. On the email, the instructions said look out for the A2B transfers sign as soon as you come out of customs in arrivals hall. They were no where to be seen with a A2B sign and searched the whole airport for a A2B sign.

I called the Cape Verde number that was on the email from my UK mobile phone, asking them where my booked and paid for transfer was. He said to me that he will contact the driver and call me back. I got a returned phone call saying that the driver is in the arrival hall. Baring in mind the airport is really small. We looked again for him and could not find the driver. I again called the company and they were not picking up.

There was a friendly local thomson agent there who asked if we had a problem and we explained what had happened. And she kindly offered to take us to out hotel on one of their coaches. BUT there were 6 of us and could only fit 4 of us in.

So I called the company again and gave the phone to the thomson agent who explained what had happened in their language. Then I recieved the phone call from the driver who again spoke to the thomson agent. After the phone call she explained to me that the driver has been in the airport car park all this time and NOT in the arrivals hall.

All in all the phone costs came up to £15. Which I asked A2B for and no other compensqation for the hassle they cuased.and they refused to pay and said they will investigate. They recently email me and said "Unfortunately we are not able to refund your phone bill. As having to phone the agent in resort is part of the procedure that has to be followed by clients to find their driver if their driver is not visable. Our agent in resort confirmed that the driver just stepped out for a short moment, and that was when you arrived in the arrivals hall."

We were looking for the driver for about 30 minutes. Do they call that a short while.

AVOID THIS COMPANY
What a worry for you. I've used A2B in Tunisia for years and have found them very good, though I admit it can sometimes be a bit hard to track down their drivers at the airport. Fortunately I've got a local sim in my phone which comes into play as soon as I land. Last November I booked on line from my hotel a transfer from Sousse to Tunis for a young friend flying back to Copenhagen via Paris and they sent a car, with a very pleasant driver, rather than a bus. She was very happy as she'd been intending to get the train to Tunis but says she'll try and book them again from Denmark next time.
We use them from South tenerife airport and we put are suitcasestill on and when we got to hotel we was given wrong case and we never seen are case again so we double check are cases from now on.
That's awful. It must have ruined your holiday. Couldn't A2B have sorted it out as they knew who they dropped off?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.