Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Looks great , your own pool is really good , very well positioned villa near the marina , which is nice to walk around , plenty of bars / cafes , restaurants there are good , but a little expensive , I have tried Blue Notes which was really good and well rated , also very near the main town and loads more places , and papagayo beach is off the other way and similar I guess to Fuerteventura .

Good place to stay and plenty for you to do with 3 weeks there , are you hiring a car ? I mostly use autoreisen , but they only have an office at the airport , they are cheap though and no hidden charges .
Already booked the car (talk about being prepared 😁) with Autoreisen, VW Polo for €231 for the duration so can't really grumble at that price. Was cheaper than the firm we usually use in Fuert, Pluscar 👍

Am looking forward to the change. We've been to Lanzarote before but not stayed in PB &, as it was many years ago Andy it'll be nice to have another mooch about the various resorts. Not so much bothered about the main hotspots as know what they are all about.

I think I got a little fed up with walking about in Corralejo, & this Holiday, it'll be nice to just have the pool to dip into & laze around the accommodation on odd days. Instead of thinking where shall we go today every day.

But a year to wait........... :omg
Thanks, Glynis and Andy :tup
Yes, I'm really curious to see what has changed after all these years. I know, from the Playa Blanca FB group (some really knowledgeable members on there, worth you joining, Glynis), that a lot of the restaurants in the main town have gone, to be replaced by shops selling touristy junk (I'll be avoiding those!).

Definitely going to walk round to the marina, which wasn't there last time I visited.

I've spent hours trawling through restaurant/bar reviews and have made a list of places I'd like to eat (you can waste so much time, and money, dithering once you're there).
Check out reviews for El Peregrino, Ninen, Bodegan Las Tapas, Atlantico, Cofradia de Pescadores, and Barney's (this will be my only British meal of the holiday, a naughty big breakfast!).

Barney's also has great reviews for live music, so I'll definitely be there more than once.

What I'm most looking forward to is just totally relaxing with the town beach a ten second walk from my apartment door and the bigger Playa Dorada beach about a ten minute walk away. It's nice knowing I've seen all 'the sights' numerous times coz I won't feel compelled to do anything other than swim, read, eat and drink 8)
I've always found my Lanza holiday really relaxing , I spend most of the time doing that !! There is plenty of eating choices , quite a lot of tapas places , a good choice of Spanish style restaurants that do both meat and fish dishes , your usual brit/ tourist type restaurants , quite a few curry places now .
I dislike the tourist tat shops along the seafront , but that seems to happen everywhere now , there are lots of handy supermarkets around which can help make a cheap lunch if you have kitchen facilities .

Glynis , with your autoreisen booking , keep checking the price because if it goes lower you can rebook and cancel free of charge to get the lower price . The prices used to fluctuate a lot , but do seem more steady now whenever I've checked , my rule of thumb is 10 euros a day and that's what you've basically paid !!
Heading up to Gatwick in a few hours, after I've dropped my parrots off with the bird-sitter :D
Decided to stay at the Gatwick Travelodge tonight, as we're flying out at 06.55 tomorrow. I've been watching that flight for a few weeks and pretty sure we'll be on the wet-leased Smartlynx flight.
Can you do bag checkin the night before ? Thought easy did that with early flights .

Be good to get to PB for lunch !! I prefer arriving that time , our November flight is scheduled for 7.10 out , but summer season they depart at 13.30 .

Have a great flight and holiday
Will keep an eye on the car hire prices Andy 👍

We can look at your apartment pics Pippy & picture you there! 😁

I'll also pinch your list of restaurants as will save me doing the same thing 😂 I'll also listen to your opinions on your return.👍
Andy, flying cabin baggage only and have Upfront/Speedy boarding. Just fancied staying up the night before for a change :)
Glynis, I'll let you know what the food is like! My mouth is watering at the thought of it all, and my jeans are groaning for the same reason :D :D
We did the same thing in June Pippy, had an early flight out of Leeds Bradford so stayed overnight in the airport hotel. I knew I wouldn't sleep if we had to be up for 3am

We arrived about 5pm & was asleep by 9pm, missed the first episode of Poldark!

Was so much easier just getting up & walking to the airport, plus I felt our hols had started a day earlier 👍
Agree , staying night before makes it less stressful and tiring on the day and gets you in holiday mode .
28th July off to Fuengirola
Puerto del Carmen - December 2017.

We've been before, but never in December. Hope the weather is kind. 8)
Am sure it will be 12noon. We were in Fuerteventura beginning of January & had decent weather 👍

Btw I've cancelled the villa & we're now going back to Fuerteventura next June 👍
Returning to my favourite resort, Playa Blanca, and to the hotel I've previously stayed at twice, the Lanzarote Princess, in July 2019
Sounds great Pippy so you didn't fancy the apartment again?

Mentioned going over to Playa Blanca to Peter last June but he wasn't playing.... However we're there for 3 weeks this year, plus staying near the harbour so will definitely try again 👍 Have to be a calm day though as I don't really do boats 😆
off to punta cana in 13 days ...3 weeks of sunshine
Yes, you must go to PB!

I loved the apartment, it's just my damn arthritic hips (which both need replacing, but they won't do it yet because I'm only 48 ) make walking for more than about five minutes really painful. The town beach is right in front of the apartment, but the big Playa Dorada beach is a good ten minute walk (for me) from the apartment, whereas the Princess is a very short walk away.
Aww so sorry to hear that Pippy, makes sense you being closer to ameneties. ♥️
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.