Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I booked it with the correct dates and then when the confirmation came through it had jumped forward a month.

my fiancée is flying from America and already has four flights and other accommodation booked along the way already so I knew I was not at fault, I checked three times before confirming the booking because half way through the searching stage the dates changed to the dates the confirmation was and I changed them back.

This is either a software glitch or a very clever bot that re-directs your bookings to whatever price you paid.

Are other people's bookings actually legit?

I've read people being told that the prices have risen since booking etc and cancelling and changed at the last minute.

I'm going to ring the hotel directly tomorrow and see if anything has even been booked with them.

my credit card has been charged already.

I work in the area of hunting people down, I'm sure they would not be hard to locate.
Glad to hear you booked via credit card as they may assist with any dispute 👍

Little information for you:-

CEO Mr Alex Frances alex@loveholidays.com

Head office:-

Worthing House, 2 – 6 High Street Worthing West Sussex BN11 3AE

Tel:- 01903 258 288
I've won received a phone call from my credit card company and after looking at all the information I sent them plus this forum they have agreed a full refund.
Everyone keep at them my bank have agreed that this is one dodgy company.

Love Holidays (0) Me (1) get it up you Love Holidays .
:pele That is brilliant news! I am so pleased for you!
Whoop whoop excellent Steve! Am so pleased for you :glynis
This is fantastic news, not only did the bank refund you they actually took notice of a public place that obviously gave credibility to your account of what happened.

Its not very often these things happen so very well done

Goddard
Sorry to say Loveholidays are still pulling the same stunts in 2017.
Booked a weeks holiday in Crete for a friend, 19th to 26th, but when the confirmation came back, it was for 2 weeks later.
Absolutely hopeless, and it cost a fortune to correct it.
Have seen many a review stating the same problem.

Do you know of any official channels to complain about this company. They are doing this too often to be coincidence.
Hi all
i have been let down by Love Holidays.Booked flight and hotel, when I went to sort out my own transfers realised the hotel did not exist. Contacted Love Holidays who said they need 72 hours to investigate, any way to cut a long story short; the hotel named on ATOL certificate ceased trading and its new owners operate now as an airport hotel (description said it was city hotel in quite location), and although the new hotel has alternative names none of these names are Ines matching the ATOL certificate they issued me. I searched the hotel I booked on internet and nothing comes up which Love Holidays accepted indicates it's not trading any more but they said the new owner is using the same email address. Love Holidays refuse to refund blaming me saying I should done my own research. I pointed out the hotelceased trading so it's misleading they used the cancellation policy to refuse a refund. The hotel when it was taken over by new owners and rebranded as air-hotel also got a contract with UNHRC government to house refugees waiting deportation again only found out my doing my own research and people saying it's dirty nothing like pictures ( a whole thread on TripAdvisor about Love Holidays) . Really worried I won't get my bank to refund me and don't know to do apart from booking another hotel (which will hit me hard) Can anyone advise. I really can't afford to lose £500 and book a new hotel . Lesson learnt the hard way. Any advice appreciated and thank you
  • Edited by Reeta 2017-08-13 19:42:03
If you read from page 2 of this thread you may find some information that will assist you as a member has received a refund.

Good luck 👍
I am in dispute with Love Holidays. They are telling me even if I do a chargeback on my credit card it does not cover hotels or flights. Is this correct. They also deny the hotel is not as described even though they accept they are selling it under its old business name. The imagines of the hotel didn't match the imagines that I booked and the ATOL certificate they issued was for the old business name.
Can some kind person on this forum tell me if I am covered by the consumer protection legislation.
sorry to ramble on .. I think abta need to do something about this company and the way it operates .
Reeta, give your credit card company a call & explain the situation as they may be able to help.

Let us know what they say.

Good luck 👍
Good news! Love Holidays have agreed to have a look here and see what they can do to help.
Just an update to my complaint with Love Holidays, trying to get my money back. They said to the police I was harassing them as I sent them 5 emails because today is the day before our family holiday was due to commence asking what was happening with my complaint. i had to laugh as I didn't even ring them but only sent emails, I didn't turn up at their offices and none of the emails were abusive.
can you belief the cheek of this company !
Have you spoken to the police? This just sounds bizarre.
No I did speak with the police as my son had words for them - he asked if it was fraudulent selling ceased hotels.
heres an extract of how Love Holidays customer service deals with you:

Hope you are well, well we accept and admit that XXXXX has ceased trading and the supplier has confirmed this. Therefore yes you did not get the hotel you purchased and we cannot offer another hotel or refund. I think XXXXX went bankrupt but we cannot refund you and you would need to chargeback. We are not giving any money back as we lost money. In terms of the hotel being mis-advertised you have complained to ABTA so i am not willing to comment.Getting the money back is not our problem.Thank you. Kind regards XXXXXX Customer Services Agent UK: +44 (0) 1903 258 288IE: +353 (01) 513 8700 Email: bookingsupport@loveholidays.com [img width=209,height=67]cid:image001.png@01D3166C.2A138E00[/img] Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Blog This email was sent to us 10- hours before we were due to fly on holiday. They ruined our holiday and the stress they caused we should be compensated for. Love Holidays clearly don't check the hotels they sell as the above email proves the hotel descriptions are old (when they can't tell if a hotel is still trading). at the end of the day you book your hotel based on website description, if that description turns out to be old that means it inaccurate and could have influence you choice at the time of booking. Love Holidays are ABTA members so they have a duty of care to consumers but in stead they rob us of our money
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-09-02 10:19:33
    to remove names
Shocking email.

Did you speak to your credit card company?
Another bad story to report.

My best friend has booked with loveholidays and has had the same problem mentioned in previous posts that the holiday booked has come out at a completely different date than what was booked.

Their response was that it is not their problem. Friend now has a holiday to Tenerife 5 months away from when they wanted to go. Absolute disgrace.

Can someone enlighten me as to how they can carry on trading.

ABTA must now just be the external Loveholidays complaints department...
hello mate can you send me their number i have a great documented story on love holidays they will love this story even been on mail online
let me know if you want my number
love holidays ceo never responds
I tired all other possibilites with love hlidays even abta was useless so i am taking them to court just appointed a lawyer
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.