Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
So if you want to check a bag in, what's the point of paying so much in advance?
By paying in advance for a hold bag you can now get it cheaper and the allowance has increased too ( it's now very similar to easyjet prices and weight allowance ) .if you are a basic economy traveller and don't pay for priority you are only allowed to take a smaller bag on the plane , so have to wait at the other end for its return ( ie , it's inconvenient now ) .

The warning signs were there though as only a couple of months ago a Ryanair spokesman let known his disgust at 2 year olds dragging wheelie cases along the Tarmac to the plane as passengers were taking the p*** , in his opinion .
Personally I think hold luggage should be free or very low cost and hand luggage should attract a charge if above a certain size that would only contain very personal items like passport , wallet etc and electronic devices and cameras . There's too little cabin space and too much faffing around and no need for cases of the size that are allowed .

Anyway , another view in this link of the baggage change .

http://uk.businessinsider.com/ryanair-baggage-allowance-carry-on-check-in-fee-2017-9

Always getting better !!!

Another point of interest ? In reducing the hold baggage charges , Ryanair estimate it will cost them £50m in lost revenues , how are they going to make the loss up ? Don't know too many examples where a business introduces an iniative to make less ?
  • Edited by andy66 2017-09-06 22:22:15
    Added extra text
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.