Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I think it’s a good idea - especially with kids about..
Good idea but a few may get caught out if the new law isn't signposted on those beaches. I am not really sure it is going to work though
I think they should give their more efforts on providing good security for foreign travelers.
Hi Sam
:welcome
Have you been to Thailand?
The best news for years! Myself and my family are sick of going to beaches where the sand can hardly be seen for filter tips. Hope the Thais have enough cells to hold the ones who will no doubt ignore the ban.
Other good news is that millions of filter tips will not be polluting the ocean thanks to the Thai Government.
Other nations take note.
We have been trying to find clean beaches for years. Thailand is now on my "to go to" list.
Well done Thailand.
Hi Nobby
Glad you have found us again! Thailand is a place I love. Have you been before?
I've read a lot of posts on various forums complaining about dog poop on the beaches.
Dog poop or tab ends? hmm... Let me think about that 😁

Where I go on the CDS, the guy who rents out the sunbeds he had made tin ashtrays that are screwed into the post which is holding up the parasol and dogs are not allowed on the beach.

That suits me just fine. 😁

Sanji x
In the Algarve they had stands at the entrance to the beach holding pointed ended ashtrays that you could poke into the sand.

Am imagining groups of people stepping into the walkway next to the beach to light up :smokin
Hi Fiona

Not yet. But as I said in my post, it is now on my "to go to" list. How do you feel about the beach smoking bans?
Don't see a problem with having designated areas for smoking and non smoking and I'm not sure about the smoking situation in bars and restaurants in Thailand , of course a lot more people who having given up tobacco smoking now vape instead or use e cigs and even health professionals prefer smokers to give up and use e cigs or vape and if you go to Thailand and litter a butt on the beach you might get 1 year in jail , if you smoke an e cig you might get 10 years in jail .

Thailand is a lovely place with lovely people who are kind and generally display a relaxed disposition , or maybe they are conforming to break no rules to avoid jail or corrupt law enforcement .
I have never really noticed a problem at all. Koh Samui- we were on a quieter beach. Hua Hin- which I love doesn't really have a wonderful beach for sunbathing. Its great for walking along. We like to go down at lunchtime to one of the popular food stalls there. This is where Thais go and will be found have almost a feast and that section of the beach is virtually undercover. Wall to wall brollies. Thais don't like to sunbathe and covet white skin. It means that they are not having to work outdoors and are better off. This area may well have lots of cigarette buts.
I love Thailand!
Thanks Fiona. Yes I visited Thailand two times.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.