Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
is a start
171 Posts
At least, by offering you this "goodwill gesture" they are, imo, admitting fault.

How much was your hotel as, bear in mind, your flights will be deducted from any compensation.
I am sure you have researched MCOL. It's fairly straightforward ( not that I have done it)
Before you decide to go down that route you really need to give them another chance. Give them a clear, concise letter stating exactly what it is you want. Be very realistic on what you are looking for. Think what you will be asking for through MCOL. You have a better chance of winning if you can justify what you are asking for- to Love Holidays and if needs be , MCOL.
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-09-18 11:32:16
Didn't see your post Glynis before I posted.
what is MCOL ? i dont get it
thanks
MCOL website click here

Money claim online. Have a read through it.
is strange for my service provider kinda dealing direct with me now as untill now they were very bad saying deal just with loveholidays once i told them about the law they changed tune and asking me what will make me happy to settle and how much and why that sum is about
lets see what they come up with
i just had an offer for compesation nearly the full price of the accomodation will be happy to accept it but i have to rrespect my legal team before i accept will keep you posted
Well that's good news!
So my final post on loveholidays matter as i cant be bothered to string the ping pong offers with them i have accepted 1190 pounds from them and i think is not entirely fair but i will not go to lose sleep over this as more we get to string it out more we get upset 1190 from 1949 that koliday cost is ok still wont replace the lost fun on holidays but is something i can call victory over them let me know if i can call this victory :)
That sounds like they have refunded the hotel part of the package? It's as much as I would think they can refund.
This post is on first page when you look at LH reviews. It will be pretty positive to show a good outcome. There are many positive reviews for LH so let's hope they are addressing the poor reviews.
Hopefully some of the holiday was enjoyable.
hi fiona
thanks for the reply i got busy on the holiday on first week trying to change hotel when that failed i tried to make my family enjoy it i was surrounded from the love of other guests appriciating my fight to make that place a bit more human i am sorry i failed them as in couldent make the owner to make the place more humanly for the duration of our holiday that was my aim really
On 22nd March 2016 at 04:33pm, Sadie marie said:
I sat for an hour and half on Sunday evening looking for a holiday in September for 10 days! 12 th sep to 22 nd , I finally found it and booked it . I booked it as my partner as the lead passenger and his email, as I paid it I asked him to check his confirmation email on his iPad, To my horror it said the 11th to the 21st of May!,, same destination wrong date, my partner took photos quickly on my iPad showing the booking form with the correct dates and we called love holidays but they were closed...I called them yesterday morning and explained the situation , and also explained that my son was getting married on the 21 st may so there's no way I wanted that date.. The gentleman on the phone said he'd look into it and call me back and asked me to send the photos which I did.. He called back yesterday and said they have checked their xml web feed and that I was wrong ! So I would have to pay £50 admin fee, I disagreed he suggested that I re wrote the form out after the fact to take a photo , I was furious! I refused to take the blame which was obviously a glitch in their system , he went off to talk to his supervisor and came back with the same answer , by this time I was crying and upset that would should of been a cheap holiday was turning into an expensive one , I certainly don't have £50 to throw away, I ended up cancelling the holiday and now have a bill for £44.90 ! I will never use this company again !
It's shocking Catherine! The same problem for folks over & over again!
well this company is cowboys but you have to be patient with them and push till they see that you are right and you not going anywhere thats what i did out of principal and got some refund back and closure in my mind lol
good luck with the hate holidays battle by the way
Give your credit card,company a call. And send the any emails you have received from Love Holidays. I had a similar issue and got a full refund from my credit card company. As for ABTA I made contact with them and the did not want to know.
Put as much as you can on there Facebook page to warn other people not to use this company. Love Holidays do not like people,doing this.
their facebook or social media team will stop you by blocking you and deleting any negative posts from their page so no point maybe twitter is better
so good luck people
On the 1st of November I booked a 10 day holiday in Maltafor the 17th March 2018. On printing the confirmation I noticed the dates had changed to 10 December 2017? I immediately tried to contact their costumer
services but was met with the wall of "Monarch’s downfall" &"Ryanair cancellations", so I emailed them. They responded fairly quickly with a change of dates for the hotel but informed me that I would have to approach Ryanair personally to change the flight. I emailed Ryanair asking them to hold or cancel the flight and, (having already searched their flight schedule), informed them that the only flight available for the required dates left from East Midlands Airport on 16th March 2018. I received a quote back from them with additional charges for the changes; all this within 24 hours of receiving the confirmation. Over the course of the next few days I contacted Loveholidays via their chat line and, after many attempts and being put on hold for up to 1 hour 19 minutes, I eventually spoke to customer services who were more interested in trying to convince me that it was my fault. I emailed Loveholidays again to confirmacceptance for the hotel date changes. Unfortunately the credit card I used for the initial transaction went missing so I have had to cancel it. I informed Loveholidays of this as they have only taken £54.07, (the change of hotel dates fee), and asked that they send me up to date ATOL certificate and confirmation of the changed booking, they can then phone me for payment. After 5 days they have not responded. I have already booked the flight directly with Ryanair. Hotel is still unconfirmed or paid for but Loveholidays will now have to come to me directly for any further money. - they are still trying to charge me for the original flight.
In the process of getting scammed by this awful company ! Like a lot of others did put in the right date ! informed directly the conformation came through, ended up paying Ryanair loads more to change the flights then received another email to say hotel now no longer available for those dates - so stressed wanted my Son and Girlfriend to enjoy their first ever holiday together been nothing but hassle and time on PC and on the Phone , no one wants to know just continue to pass the buck , avoid at all costs , do your research in future ( to me !) and anyone considering a relaxing break beware -
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.