Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Booked flights early this year for 2010 and paid just under £1000 for 2. Hotel not yet chosen but expecting to pay between £200-£300 for 2 weeks, so £1300 max - paid £1350 with Manos in 1999. Still some decent offers if you have a good browse.
Spike.
We booked our flights today.

Flying from Birmingham with Lufthansa to Mumbai (Southall) £625 for 2.
Mumbai to Goa Kingfisher and Jetlite (Cleartrip) £102 for 2.
Total to Goa £727.

Flew the same flights last year and the Lufthansa was £11 more, and the internal £50 more.

That's enough to have a few coffees on a Wednesday night.
I went to Highland Beach Xmas 2008 2 weeks was £2098 2010/2011 price is £2700 so £300 pp more !!
Hi Spike which airline did you book with, that is a good price, did not know flights could be booked that early. Denham
Thomas Cook are doing the Sunset Beach for 3 weeks for £780 from 25/01/11. Not bad?
Not a bad price that MCB (per person ?) - but they may throw all the extra charges on for aircon/safe/fridge/tv etc.. that will bump it up, but still seems decent ?
Hiya denham - sorry for the late reply (missed this due to the other cak and squabbling over the last few days - nearly giving up on this site if those involved don't move on) we have booked with Jewel in the Crown, and after taking another look there are still some good prices to be found - flying with Monarch (grunt/groan, but don't think they are as bad, as most think)
Spike
spike wrote
(missed this due to the other cak and squabbling over the last few days - nearly giving up on this site if those involved don't move on)
Spike sorry I feel so like you all this is getting out of hand :cry :cry ...
Quite understandable how you are all feeling.

Sarah
Spike and IC

Thought it was just me that was getting a bit peeved with it all :cry
As Sarah says, it is understandable but you can have our assurance that we are doing something about it.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=140522
This was not posted lightly and action has been taken and will continue to be taken to ensure that the forum is used for the purpose we set it up for.
But, the main thing is keeping everything on track so the best thing we can do is to get this thread back on topic. (any concerns you do have, feel free to pm any of the team- we do listen)

I have to say that I'm impressed with those who are planning so far ahead. Please post any bargains you have found for next season. As holidays are hit due to the recession I would be optimistic that bargains are there to be found- and the members here will find them if they exist :D
D I Y is the way to go
for the past few years we've been booking our own flights then our own accommodation
for instance this year our flights cost us £350 each to Goa via mumbai and that includes a night in Mumbai hotel was 4000rps but then you wake up refreshed and fly the one hour to Goa And you can get some really great places North or south for less than £100 a week
so the money you save is vast also you don't have to do the 2week or 3 week break you can do the dates your self 16 days 17days ect ect works out we go for 23days for the cost 0f 14 days :cheers
sharon
I couldnt agree more ssharonuk and you get the other benefits...space, food, more comfort .... oh and free drink :D

sorry for the late reply (missed this due to the other cak and squabbling over the last few days - nearly giving up on this site if those involved don't move on)

yes spike you said it for us all i think.. . no it wasnt just you guys, celcat Irishcolleen .. we have all felt it, but hopefully things seem a load better all of a sudden :que Great!! :) thanks mods and Admin for everything you have obviously been doing to improve things on our behalfs ...

I would be optimistic that bargains are there to be found- and the members here will find them if they exist :D

and i second that Fiona :rofl
chilly
Just booked for january 23rd 2011 today at co-op, booked superior room for £1423 for the two of us. Got it for £75 less than online price. Normally go arround 21st february but it was £240 more so decided to go earlier instead. Forgot to say booked the sunset beach resort candolim, we are going also 21st february 2010 there as well for first time,normally book phoenix park. Prices do seem expensive for 2010/2011 so at least by going earlier it was cheaper. :sun2 Denham
Well done Denham, you got a nice hotel to go to, did they include all the extras in that cost ? We got talking to a couple last season who only had to pay for the safe, the aircon/fridge/tv were all in the cost along with 3, free evening meals, pp per week (in the hotel not the Bistro attached to it).
Spike
Booked for next December and also got a cheaper price in Thomas Cook than on their website! Strange.
Hi spike sorry for the delay but have been unable to acess the forum for the last ten days, no idea why. We will have to pay for fridge tv and safe but will be cheaper to pay when we get there than booking it with the package. Thanks Denham
Cheers Denham, been a few 'downtimes' due to maintenance - I was also unable to access the site, using the link in 'my favourites', so me thinking the site was still down left it alone, after a while I searched the site address, logged on and then added that to my favourites again - no problems since, glad your back on.
Spike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.