Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Prices in Salou
36 Posts
We always go all-inclusive. We go on Saturday for 8 days and have paid £640 for 2 adults and 2 children, flights and Hotel. We eat out occasionally at The cottage but I think it has closed now.
just wondering how much it is to eat out in salou going half board on this holiday but a couple times a week on holiday like to dine out also what price do you pay for wine lager sangria etc all replies apreciated :sun :D :D :D
hi we went to the rio grande near to house of illusion and got burger meals for kids and chilli or a curry and drinks for about 40 euros kids got a sweet aswell. very friendly and welcoming too.
Hi..Im looking to take around £1000 british pounds spending money..for 1 week ..2 adults and 2 kids..2 very picky eaters ...ie chips, beans, sarnies etc ..will that be enough? :roll:
we took £1000 for two weeks and bought lunches(sarnies etc) we were half board at the med aswell and came home with some money. my son is a picky eater same as yours as you said, it's chips for him most meals
Ahh well thats should be enough ...im not planning on going over board so we should be ok...its me and my 5 yr old that are picky eaters..i lived in beans on toast and chips when i vistited Benidorm all thos years ago infact i managed to loose 7 lbs whilst on holiday god knows how i managed that :lol: ...Me and daughter prefer sarnies,chips, beans so it will be cheap for us to eat...cheers beermat..im finding u rather helpful :lol:
:wink: glad to help you out :D
We went to Salou last June and ate a lot in the Fox and Hounds which is a little back from the front, they do great pub grub, my friend Fiona only eats sausage, chips and beans, and my son likes tuna sarnies and chips, dad and I love our grub and we were all well catered for, £1000 should be more than enough, spirits tend to be dear, but beer and wine is dirt cheap, have a good holiday.
Thanks for that ....im pretty certain £1000 should be plenty for us... :D
:D hi try the paddock in cap salou. brilliant meals and sometimes there is entertainment.
Hi we are going self catering in May with 3 kids (two are picky eaters, one is really dreadful only eating sarnies or MacDonalds burger happy meal!) So what are Salou and Cambrils like for MacDonalds? Are they easy to find? We are staying in Cambrils and also wondered what large supermarkets are around there, last year in Southern Spain we found the Mercadona supermarket really good, does anyone know if there is one of these nearby? We will be hiring a car so don't mind a short drive. Thanks :)
:D hi there is a mcdonalds near to the beginning of cambrils and also one on the front at salou along from the main shops. one street back from there we found a supermarket with fresh bread, pastries and the biggest gateauxs i've ever seen!!!!!! i've been told there is a supermarket like the one you mentioned on the way to vilaseca, i'm sure this was the name of the place. anyway, hope this helps you :wink:
Hi theres a Mercadona just round the back of the Villamarina Hotel, on the Cami de la Ciutat de Reus. Dont know if this is too far for you to drive but its the only on I know of as we normally only stay in that part of Salou.
hi going to salou in september for 2 weeks there will be 4 of us me (27) my fiancee (22) our daughter (6) and my brother-in-law (14) we are staying at the golden avenida suites and we are self catering, we plan on taking about £2000 (british money) will this be enough do you think?
I think that should be plenty. Have a good hol.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.