Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Me again.
This is for Natty.
I;ve been to Turkey for the last 4 yrs and we take on average £7-800 for 3 of us.
We book at least 4-5 trips and we eat where ever we want ..but we do look for meal and drink deals..we're not tight just thrifty.
But we do eat out twice in the week where we may spend around 65 ytl in total.
We buy pressies and still come home with £2-300.
Not bad at all.
This year though i can't be bothered trudging around for gifts or clothes..i won't be buying either so £300 should do it so i'll be able to come home and have a head start on saving for my next visit to Turkey.

6weeks..can't wait. :hols
Thrifty, so you eat out twice a week and live on fresh air for the rest of the time :rofl
I am taking more than that going A/I and I plan to have a good time, a very good time. :tup
Nah..Your wrong (Cant think of a user name)' :shush
Think about it..we go on 4 or 5 trips..iget a good deal by sitting down and drinking tea with the dealer and bartering business for a hour.
By the time i've finished he's sold me the trips and i'm happy as its only cost me £120-130 for a week of horse riding, quad biking,jeep safari and lazy day and turkish night.
Most of which will come with transport free meal and unlimited spirits , beer and soft drinks!!
Iwill then eat out when ever and where ever i like and still come home with change.
Not once having a bad meal or going hungry and going to the hotel most nights well oiled but still standing. :cheers

Hence why Turkeys the best. :glynis
All hail the art the art of bartering. :bow
What a culture.
Do you go for 1 week or 2. I find it hard how 3 people can spend as little as you do for 2 weeks. I take you go S/C.

So you are paying between £8 to £13 per trip per person with 3 of you, can't see it, can anybody else gets trips that cheap.
Yup

Done lazy day boat trip for £9 a head and have done quad safari for £12 a head
Jeep safari £9
Nah i go bed and breakfast.
I don't care how basic the hotel is as its only somewhere to lay my head.
I normally get that for £38-65 for the 3 of us for a week.
And then what i do is this... :fly
I get to my hotel on my arrival day about 7am roughly and we freshen up have a coffee..by 9:30am we're down the beach lounging so our son can have a play in the sand.
After 3hrs there we have lunch and a few drinks, then off to get the best deal on the trips.
We normally only end up paying for us and our son goes free or they charge us £8 or 9 and our son half price!

Like i said its bartering.
The locals hate you going to someone else so they'll make a deal..and they love it if you sit down with them and accept their hospitality.
The more friendly you are with the locals the better the deal.
So with the deals i make and being as its just for a week i think what i spend is fair.
Don't forget Turkey is not exspensive and the prices are not set in stone.l

Same as my holiday deals ..my first trip to turkey for a week was B&B with flight and transfers for £79 each!
For real.that was just 3years ago.
On average now i pay £650 to just over£700.
I love a deal :tup
So yeah, i'm with you ..i'm there for fun, sun and more fun. :cheers :rofl :sun2
Money's no problem as there's always a wicked deal just around the corner.
The all inc lazyday boat trips are excellent value.Last june we payed £8 each,for this we was picked up in minibus from our apartment and taken to the boat(memories boat)we had a Turkish buffet breakfast,bbq chicken lunch,and all our drinks,alcoholic and soft drinks for the day,now you cant do this for the same price if you stayed sunbathing around your pool all day!!!
Catsbumfluff,

I would'nt dream of going on holiday to cook! I would'nt be a holiday if I did.
I wonder if you will get the same deals this year some how I don't think so, £8 with drinks thrown in as well, must be watered down spirits. Drinks have got expensive now.
Ann i agree, i never cook...i never go anthing other than b&b then i have the pleasure of eating out every day. :D
On saying that..if i have a holiday in england later in the year i have to cook while i'm away as it's too expensive to eat out. :cry

As for you CAN'T THINK OF A USER NAME...Ye of little faith.
I may have to pay a little more..lets say £12 a head this year!...thats still a mini bus pick-up at 10am,a boat criuse a meal and all my drinks thrown in and a lift back to my hotel...still good value. :cheers
And the jeep safari is the same...a all day trip with lifts and meal thrown in..you just don't get the free drinks.
Excellent value :tup
When i lounge on the beach ..which i do at least twice i the week i can easily run up about a £30 bill.
Don't you think it would be more fun to do a couple of trips?
Just try to get it for £8 each and go no higher than 12..if they won't budge just get up ready to leave..they'll normally agree with your price..i've paid from £8-10 max the last three years.
All the best..give it a try when you go in August was it? haggle haggle haggle.
cant think of a user name,prices we payed last year in june= lazyday all inc boat trip £8,jeep safari with lunch £12,village tour with lunch £12,turkish bath WITH oil massage £6 and quad bikes for 3 hours £12,all included transport,and I have read of people getting the jeep safari cheaper than us,obviously we expect to pay hopefully only a little more this year,we shall see. ;)
We can't say fairer than that can we Crispy.

Here's to fun in the sun :cheers
Just back from Oscar apartment in Ovacik and can report prices are still on a par with 2008. Three course meal for less than £10. Word of warning Dalaman airport has got even more expensive. £10 YTL for a packety of crisps and 5 YTL for a bottle of water, be warned. Take food and drink with you to this airport.

Hopefully prices will eventually correct themselves when no one buys
olwenjlangford - what was the price of Effes in Ovacik as we afre going there in a few months time ?
Hi olwenjlangford.

So they still haven't stopped people taking drinks through security at Dalaman then?

Cheers.
We had the water we had taken with us, confiscated at Antalya airport, two weeks ago.
Antalya Airport is the trial run.If ok, then it will extend to all Turkish Airports.Although in saying this it has been reported that various other airports in Turkey have jumped the gun and are confiscating liquids already.It is following Turkey's plan to join the EU and fall inline with there rules.

Ian
we have just returned from Hisaronu paying 3-4 lire for effes and 5-6 for spirits and around £7-£8 for a three course meal with any drink,you can check in and go through to departure lounge with drinks etc but when you go through final xray at gate before boarding that is when they are supposed to take liquids from you but they didnt bother when we returned last week.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.