Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
On the hire front, here's one company might be worth contacting?
http://www.holihire.com/mobandass.html

And another
http://www.holidaymobility.com/
Thanks very much for the info, will have a nosey asap.

Thanks again x
Loads of feed back on Cyprus forum off there in 28 days

what in particular are you looking at in general mobility access terms Crutches and sticks I've seen --anything else??

Partial problems myself so will report back if there's any specific no no's
Most hotels have lifts big enough for chairs, tend to have level flooring and many (if not all) have ramp access if needed.
Things that you might need to check more spefically are bathroom facilities if you need walk/drive in showers then its not the norm.

Protaras has some decent pavement but does have some areas with high curbs, but this isn't likely to be much of a problem as you can go around or look for a lowered part.
There is also the coastal path that can take you right down the beach along to Pernera which again has good access and paving (or go on the road like everyone else !)

Bars/Restaurants in Protaras and Pernera are hit and miss, some are level, some have steps and some have ramps... you would have to see what and where suited you best.

Over the years we have seen many people using chairs, frames and sticks out and about all around the area so you shouldn't have any real problems.

Enjoy your holidays

Steve
Thank you very much for the info. Much appreciated

Audrey
Not forgot you We fly out on Sunday at 5am so will be reporting back as and when I can -- need some WiFi to do so not using mobile as costs way too much

looking for ramps / handrails / wide aisles etc stuff to make a place disable friendly and as my back is getting worse will be looking out even more for me too
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.