Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
I found the information on http://www.canaryforum.com quite good. I suspect you have not been to PR before. Have got an allocated arrival around that time, not stopped in the Azul but would be more than happy if I get to stay there, reviews seem good too.

Just enjoy. Dont forget to use the sun tan and after sun ... and drink plenty of water. I tend to get the big bottles of water from the supermarkets and refill small half litre plastic bottles else it can get expensive for drinks. I found it easier than I thought to drive so worth thinking of hiring a car for a day or two. Hotel reception will have leaflets of places to visit. I am sure the reps will try and sell you trips.

It is true, you need to be fit to get up and down the hills, however the taxis are cheap, and if you are at the top of the hill, the views really do make it worthwhile. :)

Just read through the discussion boards there is a lot of good general advice that may help, I just cant wait to go.

:sun
Anyone who has stayed here can post a review for the benefit of other holidaymakers at Puerto Azul reviews

Thanks

luci :wave
guess by now you ve found out for yourself what its like, my family and i have stayed there twice with 2 girls aged 10 and 11 last time 2 years ago, loved it
My auntie stays at these apartments every year and books through a travel agent but when she stayed last October they told her that it wouldn't be available this year through any tour operators.

She has asked me to look on the internet regarding direct bookings with the hotel but the only info I can find is just general, nothing to do with booking or site that I haven't heard of so wouldn't really trust them.

Can anyone give some more info on this accommodation and how it can be booked?

Thanks
Hiya,
Try looking on My Travel website also Airtours
I've just had a look and Puerto Azul is definately on there,
If you wanted to book direct try
www.grancanaria-accommodations.com
There good i used them last year.
Hope everything goes well.
they are on the sites VIC said in his post, also try search on http://www.instantholidays.co.uk
Hi Ray
Vic Is a SHE not a HE,
just to let you know.xx
We have stayed at the Puerto Azul and booked with Direct Holidays. They no longer offer these apartments in their brochures. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that Airtours/My Travel have 99% exclusive rights to this place. Perhaps you can only travel with them, or book the accommodation direct with the hotel. Dont quote me on this!! But think it might be the case. I had a look at the instant holidays web page and it was Airtours who were the tour operator for his place. At least it is still bookable!
Hi just went on direct holidays web site and these apartments are still available through them.
:D Ang
Hi Ang, yes you are right, the first brochure they sent us this year didnt have them in it, but on getting the 2nd edition they are back - but only self catering now. We went twice and it was half board before. They advertise the SC as prices based on 4 sharing, as there are only 2 of us, I really grudge paying the extra supplements. This is why we always chose to go there half board - price was per person and included our evening meals. Apologies if I mislead anyone. Sally
hi all
direct holidays/mytravel/airtours are all the same group (mytravel) you can still get the Puerto azul from any off them. sometimes its in one or the other, and again look at all their sites as the price difference can be huge for the same place/time/airport, yes instantholidays do this hotel, sometimes they are cheaper than the main group :D :D
We are going to Puerto Azul on Monday 27th Feb, although we have been before been reading recent reviews, which seem to be mixed. Please can anyone shed any light?
Can anyone advise how this hotel is. I have checked reviews most recent not too good got a good price for it for july but a bit apprehensive as reviews not to promising. any info would be appreciated.
dont know tell you when im back, going in july, doh abit late for you by then :lol:

theres a posting on http://www.gran-canaria-info.com forums, from someone who was there in may, tho even thats confusing, as says all is great, then next post says its crap.

BTW whats your good deal?

paying £330 each AI flight and hotel 14/07 for a week
Hi,
I'm interested in staying at the Puerto Azul in Puerto rico next year and wanted to know who was best to book with?

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.