Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Thank you so much for some top quality information there. I'm pretty keen to at least visit. I did surf about a bit today and found a link to some 200 excellent photos on Flickr of Port de Soller and what I assume was Old Soller plus I think photographs taken from the train on the journey too and from Palma which showed the beautiful countryside. Particularly interested in doing the train journey as my OH loves trains and would find it most interesting.

Will probably stay in PP or the P Old Town as at this stage, certainly feel there is much more for us to see and do having only just discovered the area. I feel a few repeat visits coming on.

Doe
Pollensa1946 wrote:
TonyR wrote:
Well thats killed this post

Well, with that, if you're looking for help on PP you're going the wrong way about it. Care to try again?

Excuse me but I asked a simple question and the post was taken over by something that has nothing to do with what I was asking about so at the time of my last post I think it did kill the post
But I would like to thank those that have taken the time to answer my post with some constructive information
Are you gong to give it a try Tony ? Must admit when we went made me sorry I hadn't been to the Pollenca area before (never been to Majorca before), seems to get a bad rap for some reason. The area seems to have a lot to offer. All types of accommodation at all different price points, and the sort if place you can either do nothing and chill or get out and about, either by car or local transport or organised trips. And it's close.

Doe :sun2
Hi Doe

I'm looking to go but trying to decide where will be best to stay
So its a case of just finding the right Hotel/Apartment that catches my eye

Cheers
I have seen pictures and some videos of that train journey passing up through the mountains and over to Port de Solller, it really appeals to me, only trouble is I would be more than happy to just do it over and over again.

Do let us know what you decide on Tony :tup
I have booked a superior room in the Oro Playa Aparthotel as the reviews said rooms were dated

The superior rooms look very nice so that sorts that out lol

Location looks spot on close to beach.Marina and Pine Walk

So roll on june
Sounds great Tony, should be a good location for everything, who did you book them through ?

I've got flights booked with BA and am looking around for accommodation, for the most part I have been looking at Booking.com.
Travel Republic doe I managed to get my £40 cancellation fee off the price I paid for cancelling a recent holiday to tenerife so a result there
I get staff flights for easy jet from a friend so have to wait til june for them but well worth it
So just need to book transfers when flights confirmed now
Excellent stuff :tup I've never booked with travel republic, glad they honoured your discount. I've got odd home circumstances so booking.com is good for me as in the main you can cancel/rearrange up to two days before travel with no penalty plus many of the accommodations let you pay on checking out which also suits me.I really hope you like it there now I have bigged it up. :)

Doe :sun2
I am sure I will it looks just like how we like our resorts
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.