France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Puy de Fou
6 Posts
My b-i-law went there a few years ago and still talks about going back. He's trying to get me to go with him, but I don't care for le francais. Just my take on them, but he loved it.
I went years ago and I loved it, probably one of the best holiday day outs I have ever had and would love to go back. But then I love France. Should mention though that it may help if you speak a bit of French unless they are now doing some of the narration in English. But there is so much stuff it probably doesn't matter that much. If I had the chance I would go again like a shot - but can't see it happening now sadly as kids too old.

We were in Talmont St Hilaire at the time.
Thanks guys. Hubby has seen reviews that say headphones with an English translation can be hired but the advice is not to bother.
elaine80 wrote:
Thanks guys. Hubby has seen reviews that say headphones with an English translation can be hired but the advice is not to bother.

A lot of it is visual so I think that's why many say not to bother.

The only thing I had trouble following was a show that had lots of jousting in it - it was like stepping back 400 years. I think there was some kind of story going on there. But to be honest it was brilliant anyway and the kids who were quite little at the time loved it.
elaine80 wrote:
Has anyone been here?
We are going back to St Gilles Croix de Vie in the summer and are wondering about making a day trip to Puy de Fou. Is it worth the trip? Our children are 13 and 10.

We took our children about fifteen years ago, we can thoroughly recommend it :)

But just don't do the day excursion. The night time Cinéscénie evening show is a real must. It's the largest outdoor show in the world. Some 1500 actors over a 23 hectare site against the backdrop of a ruined château with lasers and fireworks itreally is stunning. IIRC it doesn't start until around 9pm. which does make it a late drive back, ( we were staying at Brem sur Mer at the time and didn't get back until about 2am).

The following day was spent very quietly around the pool :sun2

It's on our bucket list to do both again.

Don
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.