Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi, just checking and printing off my itinerary, and noticed that name/DoB/passport numbers have been swapped over with both passengers, and the API info shows us both as having a middle name 'H', have had a browse and found this to be a bug in Qatar system going back to September, has anyone had problems at airport desks ? Travelling to Goa by the way.
The other thing is the seats we chose and requested are now showing that we are separated rather than being sat next to each other, not happy so will ring them Monday morning to see if this can be resolved.
Cheers for any help.
All sorted, gave them a call and no problem getting seats together for all legs of the flight in and out.
Been back on my itinerary and it shows the changes, I also mentioned the 'H' showing in both middle names on the API info, and they say it is an internal error and nothing to panic about.
My wife & I have traveled with Qatar to Goa for the last 3 years it is truly a good air line to travel with there seems to be more leg room than other air lines every seat has its own tv & entertainment there is a choice of meals and all drinks are free. Be sure to ask for a Privilege club membership card as it will give you extra luggage allowance & let you pick your seats on future flights
Hi Alan,
Good Airline!! i have lived and worked in Qatar for 14yrs sorry to say Qatar Airlines have gone back over the last 3yrs since they got 5* rating and they are nearly 15% more expensive now on most routes. I have changed to KLM 25% cheaper Doha/Amsterdam/Lba return Business Class than Doha/Man return Business Class.
On the choose your seat you dont have to be a Privilege Club member to use this its open for everyone.
Hi

We are flying with Qatar on 13/02/2013 at 07.55am from heathrow does anyone know what plane it will be please

Thanks Sharon
yorkie10,

Please quote flight numbers when possible, it makes checking easier and ensures we get the exact flight you're on. LHR-DOH (QR018) are operated by Airbus A330-300.

Darren
Thank you , that is the correct flight number

Sharon
Yorkie,
Your flight number will start QR you have not put that??
Hi Qatarman

Im not sure what you mean i said that was the correct flight no. in the reply even though i hadn't quoted it

Sharon
I'm not sure about Qatermans comments re switching to KLMs business class as its cheaper, but for us mere mortals in cattle class, and who need all the legroom we can get, I'm afraid it's no contest, as on that particular score, Qatars 34" wins every time over KLMs miserly 31"
Alan
Hi Gramps,I was a loyal Qatar Airways customer for 13yrs however their prices from Doha are now the highest in the market (plenty of complaints here in Qatar about this) as for seat pitch Qatar Airways A330 is 32inch not 34 you will only get 34 on some seats on the A340. I feel the standard of service/food has also dropped over the past 3yrs.
Yes i am lucky to travel Business class but still dont like having to pay 25% more then taxi from Manchester home when i can get to LBA cheaper. These are my personal feelings.
staying in Doha on a 24hr stopover booked a hotel .What happens to the luggage as we dont fly till the next day .We havnt stayed this long before only about 2hrs before. So im a bit worried about the luggage.
clarabell45,

Assuming you are connecting to another Qatar flight so are through checked to your final destination and won't be collecting luggage once in Doha, it's stored securely until loading on to your connecting flight.

Darren
If I've checked in online for our flight to Doha, can I leave getting to the airport until about 1 1/2 hours before the flight is due? Or do I still have to be there 3 hours before?
Polly50,

Presumably you have luggage to check-in? If you don't, 90 minutes will be fine but if you do, I'd aim for about 2 hours before although check-in doesn't close until 1 hour before your departure time so 90 minutes is strictly speaking fine. Just make sure you leave enough time to get through security as boarding will commence 45 minutes before departure time.

Darren
Re:
sorry, posted incorrectly
Thanks Darren, just trying to minimise the amount of time at the airport.
I know it’s an issue which was raised quite a long time ago
– but I’m hoping maybe things have changed.
I’m returning via Doha airport on my way back from Thailand soon on Qatar and have ended up stuck with a planned nearly 8 hour layover.
I’ve been through Doha a number of times years back and I remember it as a completely “dry” airport. My hope is that things have changed and that there’s now a bar airside there.
What’s the latest news please?
(I’m travelling cattle class so Executive Lounges and the like are not going to happen!)
cheers
Bill
Qatar Airways brought one of their Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners in to Manchester for the first time yesterday and will so again on their lunchtime arrival in to Manchester today. These are the first commercial flights of the type to come in to Manchester. 9 more days,

Yet another question for Darren please.
Noted your comment above today on the Dreamliner thread.
I'm heading out to Bangkok via Doha from Manchester in December on QR024/QR828 returning on QR829/QR021. Is it possible I'm going to get a 787 on one of these?
thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.