Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
had an e-mail from them telling me that, but I thought that we already used the new airport.
Hi i don't know when was the last time you used the Airport in Qatar but this is Hamad Int if you Google it you will see it in all its very delayed glory.
last used in march this year. i thought that it was the new airport we were in, certainly looked new!
Sorry for late reply. No that was Qatar spending its billions the airport you were in is to be closed this is brand new built mostly on reclaimed land from the sea. Go on Google Earth and you will see it.
Regards.
Hi

Does anyone know if Qatar Airways intend to update the A330 on it's Manchester to Doha schedule?

Thanks
Nick
Hi to which type of aircraft? on Manchester there is no call for 1st Class and the A330 is a best fit model for that route.
I don't think that the Dreamliner is being looked at for Manchester at this time.
The new airport opened on 30th April with firt movement being a A320 of Qatar . Initially to handle up to 30 Million passengers a year to hve potential to rise to 50 Million.
Has anyone noticed - Qatar appear to have recently modified the seating on their A320 and 777 aircraft – to slightly REDUCE basic economy seat pitch and to significantly INCREASE the capability of seat recline.

If you are unlucky, and get an inconsiderate twonk in front of you who reclines fully immediately after takeoff and keeps it that way for the entire duration of the flight, you will end up virtually unable to eat your meal. Even if you recline fully yourself, thus passing the flight hell on to the poor soul behind you, you still cannot properly operate and view the seatback screen.
Getting in or out of your seat, if the seat in front is fully reclined, is completely impossible.
In flights last week MAN/DOHA and DOHA/BANGKOK this was resulting in very vocal complaints to cabin staff, and serious disagreements between passengers.
The response of the cabin crew was to be understanding and to recommend that folk make strong complaints to Qatar management.
I agree with you ukbill. I hate it when someone reclines, but then again some say why shouldn't they as the seats can recline.

I think that the pilot should announce when seats can be reclined and when put back, like with seat belts. This would make is easier to eat a meal and cause fewer arguments.
Hi I have just done Doha/Madrid/Doha on a 777-300ER in Cattle ( first time in years) and found the legroom to be excellent, yes the recline is a little deep but to me not intrusive.
My main complaint was the food the offering was Tiny if you put a sausage in the hot food tray it would fill it really poor for a so called 5 Star Airline.
Hamad Int is designed so you get plenty of exercise both on Departure and Arrival.
5 Star Airline not now.
Just flown back from Dubai on Qatar's Dreamliner word of warning do not book seat 11 H I am a big person but the seat was such a tight fit i was glad it was only a 1 hour flight, really horrible seat.
Hamad Int is designed so you get plenty of exercise both on Departure and Arrival

you could do a marathon in there without difficulty!
And it is also designed to try your patience took me longer to clear immigration than it did to fly from Dubai and be taken from the aircraft to the terminal by bus !!!!!! Yes state of the art airport that gets so much hype they are still using buses !!!!!!!.
you sure you were in the new airport?
didn't think that they used any buses , certainly never saw any on my last trip.
Yes I am sure go to Dubai from here in Qatar 2/3 times a month.There are a lot of complaints here about still using buses. Turkish Airlines every flight is by bus from/to the Terminal.
surprised, i thought that all aircraft were going onto an airbridge.
could certainly use a bus however getting from where the Manchester flight docks to where the goa flight departs !
Hi,

Traveling out next Sunday Qatar QA4 3.05pm from Heathrow. Land at 23.45 and then a connecting flight QA672 to Male, Maldives at 00.55am.

Seems a very short transit time and looking at recent flight arrivals into Doha they seem late and will miss the QA672 onto Male.

From one aircraft to the other 70 minutes.

Is the baggage transferred?

Should i be worried????
AFAIK baggage will be transferred so you only have to worry about yourself getting from gate to gate.
I would imagine that the departing aircraft will be held back a few minutes if necessary.
If you are on Qatar to Qatar and they have taken the booking then dont worry.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.