DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
A couple of people on other forums have indicated that QuickRooms declined their quidco payments when a discount code was also used.
When you go through Qudico for Quickrooms now it has a pop up box informing you that if you use a discount code of any sort you will not get Quidco cashback........I guess it's caused them some headaches recently.

Also be very aware of Quickrooms and the cashback sites, they seem to be one of the sneaky merchants who inflate the price when you go via the Quidco link or other cashback sites.

I have a running complaint filed with Qudico at the moment who say "this can't be, it doesn't happen" sorry but it does and Quickrooms are not the only offenders. My example meant that going via Quidco inflated the price I'd got through Quickrooms direct by over £400 on a accomm booking for 4 people last month :yikes

I used Great Late Deals via Quidco and got slightly less cashback but a much better price and it was tracked and validated very quickly.
Wow, that's a huge hike. I must admit I found that by using the quidco link to book a car via Auto-Europe automatically added another £6 to the price than when I went straight to the Auto-Europe website but as I was getting £20 cashback, I still went ahead with it. I know it's a tiny difference compared to the above extreme example but it has now made me a little wary of just going through quidco without checking the normal price first in case they are different. To be fair, they normally aren't but it is still worth checking.

Hotelopia (part of TUI) are one of the few booking agents that pay quidco cashback even if a discount code is used for the booking. I know because I used them for my Gran Canaria holiday in May. However, it is still a good idea to use a holiday accommodation price comparison site to make sure you are getting the best price. A good one is http://www.hotelscomparison.com/
Tried for insurance via Quidco and found it to be twice as much for the same policy as going through moneysupermarket. I only use Quidco for things iknow that a price is set in stone.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.