Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi,

I am going there as well in February and all reviews I have read so far seem to be from last year. Would be great to hear from someone that has just returned. I am also a bit concerned about the weather; I always read that it is warm - but when I look at the weather forecast it seems to be the opposite...

ermel

:hmmm
Just met up with a couple who are there right now until Monday ( Tigger knows them ). They appeared to be happy with the resort, the rooms are pretty nice, spacious enough, clean and well equipped ( though not all will have sea views ), the service OK, the food could be better, the disco is too close to the main bar / terrace causing some disturbance if you are having a quiet drink in the evening, the lobby is nice.

The resort is a bit spaced out, not ideal for handicapped persons, on a slope down to the beach which is good for snorkeling but stoney. The resort is also very isolated ( good for honeymooners I guess ).

The guests seemed to be passing a pleasant and enjoyable week but they seem to prefer the Nuweiba Hilton which has better food but not so nice rooms.
Hi Swiss,

Thank you very much for this info - feeling much better about going now :D

Ermel
Hi all

I've read a few negative reports about this resort, has anyone been recently who can give an honest opinion? I've just booked to go next May after sampling Egypt for my first time last year in Sharm el Sheikh.

I managed to get a very good deal and so don't expect it to be fantastic but as long as the sun is shining and the beer is flowing then i'm sure it will be just fine!

Would really appreciate your comments - good or bad!

Thanks

Roundhead
Returned a few weeks ago, travelled with Peltours. The hotel is just fine. Of course there are things that aren't to everyones taste, but nothing serious. Rooms are spacious, clean, well equipped, awesome aircon, which can be switched to reverse cycle to heat - if you're that worried... Mini bar is not stocked, but you can get it stocked (Although make sure you drink what you ask for 'cos you'll be charged for all of it) - is very handy for keeping your bottles of water cool mind!!!

Restaurant is probably a little too small for the size of hotel - it would struggle if the hotel was full. Food is ok, nothing special, but far from bad either. Lots of negative reviews on food, but who really expects Michelin starred food in a large tourist hotel? Deserts and fresh bread were the highlights for me. One of our party got mild tummy upset - less than 24hrs.

Beach is ok, spacious, plenty of sunbeds, but rocky by the water, jetty is ridiculous - how people aren't injured I'll never know - the hotel really needs a fixed jetty rather than a floating affair...

Snorkelling is OK, seen better, but far from bad. The better stuff does require a fairly long swim.

Also been to the Coral Hilton in Nuweiba. Rooms in the Hilton are nowhere near as good as in the Radisson. Food - maybe the hilton has the edge, but not too much in it - although I did suffer at the Hilton. Snorkelling - nothing at all at the Hilton unless you walk c. 500m up the beach and then swim 200m out to sea - there's a nice reef there, but it is a bit of an expedition. Honestly between the 2, I don't know which I'd plump for if I had to (I'm not one for going back to the same place twice)

My honest opinion, don't go there if you are a food snob or require fantastic nightlife. Be sensible about what you eat, try to leave the aircon off at night (it really dries you out - waking up with blocked sinuses and raging throats).

If you want a quiet, relaxing week in the sun and are realistic about what Egyptian 4-5 star is (i.e. a good 3 star), then you'll have a wonderful time.

BTW, if you like snorkelling, check out the Henri de Montfried trip to Farun Island, well worth it...

BTW 2, lots of reviews (including my one) on trip advisor - nice and up to date as well...
Fully agree with the recommendation of the Henri trip to Farun Island....we nearly didnt bother..but was very pleased that we did. A lovely day out. Relaxing and good value, snorkelling guide very helpful. I got some great photos looking back to shore along the coast. Some people we met paid to go twice!
I'm off in about 5 days time and have a few final queries:

Can anyone tell me if this resort provides a towel service at the pool and beach?

Also, what is the dress code for dinner - do men have to wear long trousers and shoes or will smart shorts and 3/4 trousers do with a pair of open toe shoes???

Thanks to anyone that replies.

Lee
Lee,

Was at the Radisson about two years ago, at that time they did have a pool towel service. You are given towel cards at check in, and you swap these for a towel when required, and are given it back when you hand the towel back. Dress code was smart casual in the evening, so 3/4 short or smart shorts were acceptable.

Just as a note for dining, it does get crowded when the restaurant first opens, so you may find yourself queueing. We timed it to go in a bit later to try and avoid this.

If you have any more questions give me a shout, although there are lots of reviews in the hotel review forum.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/egypt/sinai-penninsula-and-red-sea/taba/radisson-blu-resort-hotel/

Regards

Sean
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.