Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Ramadam
4 Posts
When my husband worked in Tunisia, Ramadam was a difficult time as most of the restaurants were closed but I don't know if this will happen in tourist resorts. I think it always lasts for 4 weeks.
Hi,

I used to work in Morocco (Tangier) and during the period of Ramadan, food and drinks are served as usual to tourists and visitors to the country.

Do expect restaurants to have limited opening hours though, especially during daylight hours. Hotels, however, usually cater as normal.

Mark :D
Yes, Ramadan begins October 3/4/or 5 this year, depends on the visibility of the Moon at Mecca.

Although the hotels will trade normally for visitors, you may find that some of the hotels bars - especially if they are ground floor and/or near main entrances or passageways - won't be open during daylight hours so as not to offend.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.