Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Ramadam
4 Posts
we went in ramadam last year 0 the only time we noticed it was when we went into Sousse - everything closed at 4pm on the dot. Apart from that, in and around the hotels we didn't notice much difference.
We live in Tunisia for the 6 winter months and this generally includes the month of Ramadan. Hotel life will remain exactly the same and you will not notice anything different. Should you be out and about as the hour of fast comes to an end, you may have difficulty finding a taxi, as everyone will normally go home to break their fast with their families.
The train and bus service will finish early - the last one being around 8pm.
In the tourist areas, the tourists are not expected to behave any differently and hotels and restaurants will open the same, but as a courtesy, I would suggest that you try to avoid eating and drinking in public during the hours of Ramadan. Incidentally, should you be in public areas when the hours of fasting ends you may be offered a piece of cake etc by someone who is not able to get home , so is breaking their fast as the situation allows . It often happens to us and we take it as a great compliment. If you don't want to eat the gift, you can always accept it and "eat" it later. Jenny
At least in Sousse you can't sit outside to eat or drink at several of the restaurants during the hours of the fast but it will be service as normal inside. I've always caught Ramadan for the past few years and will do so again this time but it has never caused any problems.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.