Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Nice post!
Thanks for sharing.... Is that one of the sister ships to Poisia? (sp)
I think the Opera is a mid range size ship in the MSC Fleet a bit smaller than the Poisia Cyprus.
Looks great.

How was the ship? I've heard that MSC (like Costa) are very European in style and not to the British taste. Actually I'm not sure what that means :que but I'd like to hear your views. Both lines offer fantastic prices but I've been reluctant to pursue any of their deals simply because of the above statement. Slightly pathetic on my part I suppose, but when you are shelling out a lot of money, it needs to be right.
Babs

It was my first time with MSC I have only cruised with Thomson before ,a lot of things on the MSC Opera were better than Thomsons the ship is only 9 years old unlike the newer Thomson ships which have been in service for some time before Thomson acquire them. so things like décor and air con were all better the food was of a similar standard and the shows a bit more professional however as there are usually a number of different nationalities on board it can be a bit frustrating with all the announcements. The ship was very comfortable and the aircon in my cabin was the best I have had anywhere and I would certainly consider MSC again although I personally think the atmosphere on the Thomson ships is better and the entertainment geared more to British tastes so they would normally be my first choice depending on price.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.