Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Not sure about a visa but you will definitely need Worldwide Insurance if you havent already got it.
We were just about to book this cruise last year and because the ship was in Jordan for 48 hours our European policy wouldnt cover us.
Sorry to go :whoops but thought it was important to point this out.
hi i dont think you do as you are not staying there. i know when we did isreal from cruise the authoritys came onboard and just checked your passports and stamped a landing card. proberly do the same for jordan.
My travel insurance told me as we were docked in Jordanian waters for more than 24hours,even if you didnt leave the ship you would need a Worldwide policy.
At the time my husband and I were insured with different companies and both said the same,
Its best to check with your company as many have now took Egypt along with Tunisia and Turkey out of their European policy.
Sorry,Madasharley,I thought you meant insurance but you meant the visa! :que
Ships normally arrange a group visa for passengers when one is required.
We did this cruise last year and, as luci correctly says, all visa requirements are handled on the ship.

In practice you will be issued with an entrance visa when you enter Egypt (by plane); you will then be issued with a exit visa, because the first stop after leaving Sham el Sheikh is in Jordan, for which you will automatically be given an entrance visa. After your 2 days in Jordan you receive an exit visa for there, to then receive another entrance visa for Egypt! Finally when you return home, yet another exit visa.

All this is handled without fuss on the ship. So, nothing for you to worry about!
luci HT Mod wrote:
Ships normally arrange a group visa for passengers when one is required.

Thanks so much for the info, I had realised about the travel insurance & have got 'worldwide' insurance, thanks again for your prompt replies. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.