Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Riccardo

We had our holiday cancelled by the T/O, our travel agents (TV Travel shop) sent full refund in 6 days. I must say we have been treated appallingly by Airtours, but TV travel have been exceptional.

Good Luck boaz
think it deoends how you paid. when we refund someone we give it back the way they paid.

if they paid by cheque then we have to wait till the tour op cancallation invoice comes through, which usually takes 7-10 days, and then request a cheque from headoffice which can then take the same amount of time again.
if you paid by visa or switch then we can usualy refund it straight away, however each agent is different and they may need to wait for the cancallation invoice.
Send them a letter vua recorded delivery and inform them you will be sending an invoice at Bank of England rate plus 8% for each day they withhold your money.

It may work

Dave
Hi we had to cancel our holiday last October and we were entitled to a 50% refund. The TA had to wait upon confirmation of cancellation from the TO before they could refund our money, this took approx 3 weeks from start to finish.

Sarah
Virgin cancelled our holiday 2 days before departure. It took them over 4 weeks to sort out our refund and many phonecalls!!!
Rachie-m, under the new rules (EC261/2004) you should have received compansation/refund within 7 days.

Riccardo, If you paid by credit card and if cost paid was £100 or more, speak with the card company and get them to investigate. Whilst this happens the value is "frozen" which means you effectively do not need to pay that amount when you next pay your credit card balance. In effect, the card company stands the money until you receive the value back on your card from the merchant. Consumer Credit Act - section 75 I believe.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.