General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Excellent Andy thanks for the recommendation. Certainly sounds simple enough & quick too :tup
Certainly works very well for straight forward renewals -applied for my wife's renewal early Dec. and got the new passport delivered in less than a week !! They even added the full six months on to the ten year life so it runs til June 2025 which was more than we were expecting as the previous passport was dated April 2015!!
Yes we had the extra months added too , and the turnaround does seem quick , a good system for straight forward renewals
I had to apply for a group passport for a school trip. I posted the paperwork special delivery on the 29th.Jan It arrived in Durham next day. They rang me on the afternoon with a query on two of the kids application forms. I emailed them the info they needed on the 2nd Feb and the completed passports arrived back in school on the 5th. Very impressed.
I believe they have recruited a lot of staff since last years fiasco. My friend who works for the Passport Office has told me it is pretty quiet at the minute, but they are expecting a lot more work in the run up to Easter and the summer
sheeshon wrote:
I believe they have recruited a lot of staff since last years fiasco. My friend who works for the Passport Office has told me it is pretty quiet at the minute, but they are expecting a lot more work in the run up to Easter and the summer

I thought that it might be quiet this time of year , that's why I applied early instead of leaving it last minute , but with the experience I've just received and that of two other posters recently perhaps we now have a government department that is fit for purpose ;) and great to see an improvement !!
Andy, my friend mentioned today that she'd posted off her passport renewal via ordinary Royal Mail application & received her new passport about a week later. She was well impressed :tup
Just had my photo done for mine. Its so bad I hope they reject it, then I have an excuse to get it done again.
Awww I know what you mean Sheeshon :( But, on a positive note, because the photo's are now lazered onto your passport they aren't as clear :tup
My wife refused to allow me to use her photo when we sent off for renewal....but I used it anyway :rofl
Remember, if you look like your passport photo then you are probably too ill to travel!
Glad I popped on for a nosey, I need to renew mine as it runs out in May, and might do that.
One of my children needs a passport for our trip to France this summer. I nearly renewed it last year before we went away but the passport office was in meltdown at the time so I decided not to take the risk and the passport has now expired.
Posted mine and my husbands applications on 13 February, his new passport arrived this morning, hopefully mine won't be far behind
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.